5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dead animal smell!!!

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
its like 20 degrees, no flies, i checked on gas tank, tire, transfer area. im perplexed to say the least lol

I wouldn't think a frozen body would smell.
Did some moose come by and pee on your tire?

BilletMotoRam

Reaction score
Hopefully the little rascal didn’t chew any of your wires & leave you with problems down the road.

daustin

Reaction score
Ozone is amazing for killing odors. And it is also amazing at wrecking lungs. Be sure people and animals are kept away while concentrating ozone in an enclosed space.

Yes, I should've mentioned to make sure no people or pets are in the truck when running the ozone generator.

daustin

Reaction score
I did that on a work van I was given years ago. I did 3, 30 minute rounds and the old tech’s funk was still there. I did an overnight run for 9 hours to knock out the smell. It was probably overkill, but that van smelled like dirty b-hole.

He must’ve been one stinky a** dude!

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I should've mentioned to make sure no people or pets are in the truck when running the ozone generator.
I did the mistake of being inside the Truck the first time I used it. Boy that thing is strong.

mysticbus

Reaction score
I had to trade in a truck that only had 20K miles on it. Our cat had surgery, and I picked her up in my '17 Colorado 4x4 Duramax. I put her carrier on the passenger seat, but she peed in it and it went into the leather seat. After about a month and the smell was still there, so I traded the truck in.

RamSATX

Reaction score
3rd break light leak resulting in rotten smell?? just a thought

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
The fact that the smell was all around the outside of your house and not specific to just the vehicle is curious. Especially at lower temps animals don't spoil quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread