5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dashboard 12v making live?

Macmov

Reaction score
I want to keep the 12v cig. lighter fulltime pwr when the truck is off, is this possible?

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
there's a fuse you move to its second position. Very simple. It's in the manual.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think it’s fuse f54 in the distribution venter under the hood, power outlet, move the fuse over one into the numbered posn for constant power. Just confirm the fuse number in your manual.

Macmov

Reaction score
Maybe I should have explained better, mine's a 4500. I don't know if it is much different than the 1500's but my manual doesn't show a constant on option that I can find. F91 shows pwr outlet and looks like it is switchable and F93 cigar lighter looks non-switchable. But I don't know which outlet is which, guess I will just pull fuses and find out, but too cold out right now.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe I should have explained better, mine's a 4500. I don't know if it is much different than the 1500's but my manual doesn't show a constant on option that I can find. F91 shows pwr outlet and looks like it is switchable and F93 cigar lighter looks non-switchable. But I don't know which outlet is which, guess I will just pull fuses and find out, but too cold out right now.
Try the movable fuse and see if it does the trick. Power outlet should be the one on top of the dash, and cigar lighter should be low on the dash.

Macmov

Reaction score
Yup! you were right F91, Perfect.
Thank you guys!

Last edited:

Happiicamper

Reaction score
FYI, on the 2020 manual its page 89.

1 — F54 Fuse 20 A Yellow Power Outlet Battery Fed Position
2 — F54 Fuse 20 A Yellow Power Outlet Ignition Fed Position

Attachments

• Pages from P111112_20_DT_OM_EN_USC_DIGITAL.pdf
    295 KB · Views: 58

RamLink83

Reaction score
On my 2020 1500 bighorn, the power is constant, even when truck is off. I wish mine was the opposite and only had power when the truck was on since I don't have my dash cam hardwired yet, so I need to remember to plug it in to the cigarette lighter when I leave and unplug when I park. Otherwise it will stay on all night.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
On my 2020 1500 bighorn, the power is constant, even when truck is off. I wish mine was the opposite and only had power when the truck was on since I don't have my dash cam hardwired yet, so I need to remember to plug it in to the cigarette lighter when I leave and unplug when I park. Otherwise it will stay on all night.
Have you checked to see if the fuse can be moved? It's really simple -- three fuse terminals in a row. One is battery, one is key, and the center one is the load. Just moved the fuse over one space.

RamLink83

Reaction score
Have you checked to see if the fuse can be moved? It's really simple -- three fuse terminals in a row. One is battery, one is key, and the center one is the load. Just moved the fuse over one space.
I'll have to take a look. I just figured that was the way it was, but hopeful that I can just do what you said.

Ramnation

Reaction score
I'll have to take a look. I just figured that was the way it was, but hopeful that I can just do what you said.
It's in the owners manual I forget which one has to go over 1 pin and yes the cig goes live

Edit: I read up and this has been covered F54 is indeed the fuse

too.many.tacos

Reaction score
Never mind.. got my head out of my butt and realized there are 2 fuse panels. Works great now!!

zippo

Reaction score
It's in the owners manual I forget which one has to go over 1 pin and yes the cig goes live

Edit: I read up and this has been covered F54 is indeed the fuse

What page of the owner's manual covers the subject? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread