5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash won't turn off and other electrical issues

Tahoe

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2020 limited with 17k miles that has been problem free up until this week.

I unhooked the positive battery terminal a few days ago and since reconnecting it have had the following problems:
1. Service air suspension light (still on). Air suspension functions normally.
2. water in fuel light (new today). Currently have 1/2 tank and no issues til now. Got my last fuel at a busy place that I get fuel at all the time. Runs fine
3. Air only blew hot, even with A/C on. (this has fixed itself after sitting overnight)
4. Reverse cam stopped working (fixed after overnight)
5. When I turn the truck off and lock the doors, the "depress brake and push to start" message on dashboard stays on along with the 12" uconnect screen being lit up but no info or radio. This drains my battery to the point where I have to leave it on a trickle charger overnight so I has enough juice to start in the morning.

Has anyone experienced symptoms like these and found a solution?

I have read other threads describing a few of these problems but it sounds like people go back and forth to the dealership with no resolution.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Trailrunner77

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Laramie and I’ve had a good deal of electrical issues too, at around 16k miles my ram box would open on its own while driving down the road then my driver side tail light would stay on even with the truck turned off. I unhooked the battery cable to prevent draining the battery and when reconnected in the morning I also had no back up camera, heating/cooling was either low or high, no adjustment in between, and my screen settings had changed on their own. Turns out that it takes up to 4 hrs for the truck to reboot after reconnecting the battery which took care of the dash, heating/cooling, and camera issues but the tail light and ram box issue according to my dealer was water had gotten into a main wiring harness connector under the truck causing corrosion in the plug, they put a completely new wiring harness in the truck and it’s been problem free since. These new Rams seem to be plagued with electrical problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @Tahoe!

Our team is sorry to hear abou these various vehicle performance concerns and are here to offer our support in tandem with a dealer appointment. Please send us a private message with your VIN as well as any other relevant information relating to the above concerns for us to review to get started.

Also, if any further vehicle performance concerns arise feel free to reach out as well @Trailrunner77.

Hannah
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread