5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash lights not working

Dikky

Reaction score
Hi all. Has anyone had any trouble with dash lights not working when it’s cold. I noticed about a month ago when it was like -32c here (-25f) first thing in the morning the led lights in my 4 wheel drive pod would blink fast and continuously. After the truck warmed up a bit they stayed on as normal. This morning it was -18c and all the indicator lights in the pod were off. When I left work this afternoon it was warmer and the lights we’re back to normal?

Attachments

• BAE9F535-BEB8-4FD6-8C09-B6F690C8AAE8.jpeg
    BAE9F535-BEB8-4FD6-8C09-B6F690C8AAE8.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Dikky

Reaction score
Last time I had it in for service I had the guy check it out but he said he couldn’t find anything wrong. I should mention all the other lights were fine , it was only the 4wheel drive pod.

Dikky

Reaction score
So I guess this hasn’t happened to anyone else? It’s too bad you pay 60k for a truck and start having electrical problems. I’ll be taking it back to the dealership and demanding they fix it

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @Dikky ,

If you'd like some assistance while your vehicle is at the dealership, please reach out to us. We're available via direct messaging.

Callie
Ram Cares

Dikky

Reaction score
Hello @Dikky ,

If you'd like some assistance while your vehicle is at the dealership, please reach out to us. We're available via direct messaging.

Callie
Ram Cares
My truck is dead in my driveway right now. Shifter knob stuck in park and won’t move What a piece of crap 💩

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don’t know why I didn’t see this thread until now but mine does that too where the 4WD lights flicker when it’s cold . I found that if I turn the brightness up and back it clears up .

Dikky

Reaction score
I’ll try that next winter when it’s sure to happen again if I still own this lump of crap. Must be a problem with the leds not getting enough power in cold weather

Users who are viewing this thread