5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash light comes on randomly after the door is locked

TTyyz

Reaction score
Hey guys I got a 2020ram sport and have 3500km and already having a issue where my dash light that says hold brake and push to start randomly pops up for 30 sec then shuts off and comes back on. I took it to dealership they said they got a internal fault code for security system and they fixed a pin tension on a connector and said it’s good to go but I’m home now and just looked out the window and saw my lights on in the cab and front with car locked and no one touched the keys. Is anyone having these issues ? I hate technology sometimes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not unusual for the lights to be on after shutdown. Many posts from concerned owners over the past couple of years without any real issues being reported. You're probably ok now.

TTyyz

Reaction score
Yeah I’m hoping it’s nothing but the USB lights stay on after hours being locked and then turn off and back on. The dealer also replacing my 12inch screen as they found a fault on volume so maybe this is all connected ? Sucks to have any issues with less than 2 months of ownership. I’m hoping it’s just a one off and not have continuous issues as I’m a first time ram owner leaving Ford which was a nightmare. Also my ram box latch broke and would open while I drive so all these minor issues happened in 24hours. So going in tomorrow to fix the latch as my part came in but my screen is on back order which makes me think maybe a lot of issues with these screen. Hopefully ram figures it out. Thanks for the response and help. Appreciate it

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah I’m hoping it’s nothing but the USB lights stay on after hours being locked and then turn off and back on. The dealer also replacing my 12inch screen as they found a fault on volume so maybe this is all connected ? Sucks to have any issues with less than 2 months of ownership. I’m hoping it’s just a one off and not have continuous issues as I’m a first time ram owner leaving Ford which was a nightmare. Also my ram box latch broke and would open while I drive so all these minor issues happened in 24hours. So going in tomorrow to fix the latch as my part came in but my screen is on back order which makes me think maybe a lot of issues with these screen. Hopefully ram figures it out. Thanks for the response and help. Appreciate it

There have been a few people that said they’ve had issues with the 12” screen . I haven’t had any issues with mine ( knock on wood ) . As far as the lights go , have you tried setting the time off delay to 0 to see if it still does it ?

TTyyz

Reaction score
No I haven’t touched anything with the screen so I’ll try it. But just have no idea why it would shut off port lights and randomly come on again just makes no sense. Hopefully when they change out the screen it will fix all these minor electric issues

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No I haven’t touched anything with the screen so I’ll try it. But just have no idea why it would shut off port lights and randomly come on again just makes no sense. Hopefully when they change out the screen it will fix all these minor electric issues

My USB's have remained on (for extended periods of time) after shutdown for two years now without issue. Pretty sure you'll find that its normal behavior for the new rams.

Bigdumps

Reaction score

I notice my volume knob is sometimes unresponsive. I have to turn it off and back on again to get the volume up or down. And for some reason, at times after listening to Bluetooth, sxm or connected to android auto. I turn the truck off get out and on next fire up it defaults to FM radio.

Did you or anyone else have these 12" screen issues?

TTyyz

Reaction score
I notice my volume knob is sometimes unresponsive. I have to turn it off and back on again to get the volume up or down. And for some reason, at times after listening to Bluetooth, sxm or connected to android auto. I turn the truck off get out and on next fire up it defaults to FM radio.

The volume happened to me once and I turned off and on quickly and nothing changed but I went to put gas and then turned it back and was working fine. Went to dealer and they saw a fault code or something and ordered a new stereo for me just on back order now so clearly these 12inch info systems have some bugs.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The volume happened to me once and I turned off and on quickly and nothing changed but I went to put gas and then turned it back and was working fine. Went to dealer and they saw a fault code or something and ordered a new stereo for me just on back order now so clearly these 12inch info systems have some bugs.

Not saying that this is your problem at all, check the toggle switch for volume behind the steering wheel. It may be stuck in the up or down position. Happened on my wife’s GC once.

TTyyz

Reaction score
Just got back from the dealership earlier today they are changing my cluster as well which was causing the issue. This is just wonderful ! 2 months in and already full of surprises

RamCares

Reaction score
Hey guys I got a 2020ram sport and have 3500km and already having a issue where my dash light that says hold brake and push to start randomly pops up for 30 sec then shuts off and comes back on. I took it to dealership they said they got a internal fault code for security system and they fixed a pin tension on a connector and said it’s good to go but I’m home now and just looked out the window and saw my lights on in the cab and front with car locked and no one touched the keys. Is anyone having these issues ? I hate technology sometimes lol

My USB's have remained on (for extended periods of time) after shutdown for two years now without issue. Pretty sure you'll find that its normal behavior for the new rams.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

TTyyz

Reaction score
You help out Canadian ram owners cause I’m having like 3 different issues and seems they can’t fix anything

RamCares

Reaction score

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I think i have some of it figured out. My screen comes on with the dash all times of the night when parked.
I went to check my doors to make sure they were locked and grabbed the handle without the fob in my pocket. The screen and dash came on just like it does without touching it. I think the door sensor is malfunctioning thinking someone is touching it. It is at the dealer now. Will give an update when I get it back.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Well, I got nothing from the dealer. No insight, not anything but a filthy truck when I picked it up. If I see it continue to act up, I am going to order a door handle and swap out one side to see if it fixes it.

Teaser71

Reaction score

Same issue. Just drained my battery while I was away on vacation. Have you figured it out yet?

Users who are viewing this thread