5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash, door, everywhere interior rattle/popping/creaking

Albrock

Reaction score
I've had dashboard rattles for probably 2 months. My passenger door pop and there's random popping sounds throughout the cab. This happens when going over the smallest bump. I just had my truck in earlier this week and the guy told me warranty won't cover chasing rattles. I've read others experiencing these issues. Any advice? I feel like I got robbed paying 60k for a luxury truck that sounds like a 12k truck. I also have a new rattle coming from right above my head near the small speakers in the headliner. Should I take it to another dealer? I hate hearing they didn't hear much when you can clearly hear this rattling truck.

thanks in advance

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've had dashboard rattles for probably 2 months. My passenger door pop and there's random popping sounds throughout the cab. This happens when going over the smallest bump. I just had my truck in earlier this week and the guy told me warranty won't cover chasing rattles. I've read others experiencing these issues. Any advice? I feel like I got robbed paying 60k for a luxury truck that sounds like a 12k truck. I also have a new rattle coming from right above my head near the small speakers in the headliner. Should I take it to another dealer? I hate hearing they didn't hear much when you can clearly hear this rattling truck.

thanks in advance

Hi Albrock,

I just reached out to you on another thread, but I wanted to touch base with you here as well. If it would be of interest, we would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support as you address this with your dealer. We are just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

Albrock

Reaction score
Hi Albrock,

I just reached out to you on another thread, but I wanted to touch base with you here as well. If it would be of interest, we would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support as you address this with your dealer. We are just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares
I'm going to apologize in advance. How do I pm you?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm going to apologize in advance. How do I pm you?

No worries at all, Albrock! If you hover your mouse over our picture icon, you should see the options 'Follow', 'Ignore' and 'Start Conversation'. Click that 'Start Conversation' and it will open up the message. Hope to hear from you soon.

Mark
RamCares

MQQSE

Reaction score

thanks in advance
Every vehicle I've purchased I've always had some type of rattle or pop, etc. noise. I can normally locate them pretty easily and then adjust whatever it is and chase it out. I had a Chevy Z71 that had the worse rattle I the dash and I could not find what was causing it. I let my wife drive the truck over a road that made the sound pronounced and as I sat in the passenger seat I was able to find the issue and adjusted it. That was the toughest one to get rid of. The temperatures make things expand and contract, all plastics etc. so things will align differently depending on temperature. Hope you can find your issue and get rid of them - but instead of dealers trying to locate, I would try yourself to locate it. If you don't work on things very often you can at least see where it's coming from, try to video it and then show the dealership technician.

Users who are viewing this thread