5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash Cluster Setup

Chris_Topher

Reaction score
I wish there was a way to put a trip odometer on the right side of the center screen. Then I think it would have all the info I need.
BTW, I love this truck! First new vehicle I've ever bought and no regrets!

Attachments

• 20220415_085201.jpg
    20220415_085201.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 59

gpbst3

Reaction score
I don't know how y'all drive with the MPG info staring you in the face. I had it for about 2 weeks before I decided to take it off the main screen. It just gave me too much anxiety to see the numbers fall when I' accelerating. :oops:
I found myself looking at the instant MPG than the road. I was making myself sick worrying about every 10th of a mile.

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
Re: looking at mpg - I’ve only had this one since November and I’m checking how things change as spring moves in (less idle time). I fully understand the sentiment, though.

-

I will say that keeping the steering wheel how I do (very bottom) it’s always been hard to see speeds because it’s in the way. Simple solution would be to move it up but for me that’s super uncomfortable. I am grateful for that little spot on top where I can set the screen to speed, I can see it over my hand. I was beyond pleased to see that.
I really wish I had an option (Waze does this but small scale) to fill the screen (12”) with a speed display. I do crazy long drives many times per year and that would be perfect.

Chris_Topher

Reaction score
I found myself looking at the instant MPG than the road. I was making myself sick worrying about every 10th of a mile.
Sometime I feel like I'd rather know my MPG than not know. But realizing it's nothing to get hung up on, I could probably do without instant on display.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm usually on the MPG tab. On the highway it makes a difference between keep foot planted and go 70-80 mph and get 23 mpg or just give it enough by feel to maintain the same speed and get 30 mpg. Cruise control does not do better either.

I usually get a 750 mile range on a full tank, but it stays there give or take a couple until I've used up like 1/8th to 1/4 of a tank before it starts going down. Only once during a long highway trip have I seen the guessometer go over 800. Sometimes it'll jump to a way lower number like 660 when parked overnight and then keep going up all day too? I usually get about 840-860 miles before I refuel, and I usually fill up before 1/8th of as tank. Average fill is about 27-29 gallons. Also there's at least 4 gallons at low fuel/50 mile and 2 gallons left in the tank at 0 miles range. *for a ecodiesel with a 33 gallon tank. 3.92

Users who are viewing this thread