5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darn server error messages.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can’t tell you how many responses I’ve typed on here ready to post and then I get the dreaded server error please refresh message. Of course once you refresh it automatically removes what you’ve typed. I’ve taken to doing a screen snap of things just so I’ll at least be able to type exactly what I’ve posted and had to redo again. Maybe it’s soley on the end of Tapatalk but it’s still annoying....

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t tell you how many responses I’ve typed on here ready to post and then I get the dreaded server error please refresh message. Of course once you refresh it automatically removes what you’ve typed. I’ve taken to doing a screen snap of things just so I’ll at least be able to type exactly what I’ve posted and had to redo again. Maybe it’s soley on the end of Tapatalk but it’s still annoying....

No issues here, but im not on tapatalk

PorBoy

Reaction score
It even sure if it’s solely Tapatalk but that’s the only way that I use for this forum lol.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I Just checked the server error log on our end, there's nothing and I haven't come across any issues. Likely Tapatalk that's the problem but I'll dig around more.

Chris

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues, but many years ago I used to frequent a forum with terrible timeout lengths. If you took longer than a set time to type your message, then a security token expires and you receive an error when you try to submit; to deal with it, I used to type all my messages in a text editor like Notepad and copy/paste it into the forum so in case it errors out, I can just copy paste again. It would probably be easier then staring at a screenshot and retyping.

Nick54

Reaction score
I have had similar issues in other applications so I'll type my comments in a word doc first then copy and paste into that application to avoid having to rethink my comments which are never the same as before.

PorBoy

Reaction score
All I did was hit the “ like “ button and it popped up again that it’s a server error. I’m feeling they don’t want me to comment at ALL ha ha ha.

Nick54

Reaction score
All I did was hit the “ like “ button and it popped up again that it’s a server error. I’m feeling they don’t want me to comment at ALL ha ha ha.
Technology, supposed to make life better, Ba Humbug!!!!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll keep looking into this. Seems to be a byproduct of cloudflare which we are now using to reduce spam.

Users who are viewing this thread