5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DAMMIT!! First blood. Curb Rash.

Bradleys

Reaction score
Give your local Caliber Collision a call and ask who they contract wheel refurbishing out too.

they will have a local company and will be more than happy to give you the contact information.

Fixing road rash happens on almost every car that comes through their doors - so you will find it to be a pretty common item.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Give your local Caliber Collision a call and ask who they contract wheel refurbishing out too.

they will have a local company and will be more than happy to give you the contact information.

Fixing road rash happens on almost every car that comes through their doors - so you will find it to be a pretty common item.

I checked with one local body shop. They told me that $250 - 300 to fix a machined finish wheel is actually a pretty good price. Since I'm getting a new (well, like-new) wheel for $270, I'm thinking this wheel is probably not worth fixing. But, once I have the new wheel on, I may see what I can do with the old one. Maybe just hold onto it like it is and when I go to 20" wheels, offer all 5 for sale. *shrug*

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
another reason i got rid of my 22 limited wheels for 20" limited wheels. Ride quality is nicer too

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sucks about your bumper and tailgate damage. Out of curiosity did you have rear collision detection on?

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sucks about your bumper and tailgate damage. Out of curiosity did you have rear collision detection on?

I had the rear braking turned off. I've had that kick in too many times on false alarms.

I had the warning beeping turned on and it did start beeping just before I hit the pole. But, it's normal to detect a curb when I'm backing up to it and beep about that, so I didn't think anything of the beeping.

Reactions: Jtr

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had the rear braking turned off. I've had that kick in too many times on false alarms.

That’s why it sucks when the rear brake assist isn’t working correctly. That sudden braking is awful. It also seemed (to me) like a useless feature but it has saved my a$$ on a few occasions, I’m embarrassed to say. Rather than just turning it off look into having the rear brake assist module replaced. Since they replaced mine it has been working awesome. I only rarely get a false and it is always coming in a little to fast at angle since it doesn’t know if I’ll be able to correct in time. So while it’s easy just to disable it, why not get it working like it should, especially since we all paid for it!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s why it sucks when the rear brake assist isn’t working correctly. That sudden braking is awful. It also seemed (to me) like a useless feature but it has saved my a$$ on a few occasions, I’m embarrassed to say. Rather than just turning it off look into having the rear brake assist module replaced. Since they replaced mine it has been working awesome. I only rarely get a false and it is always coming in a little to fast at angle since it doesn’t know if I’ll be able to correct in time. So while it’s easy just to disable it, why not get it working like it should, especially since we all paid for it!

Thank you for that. I just assumed mine was "working as designed". I will talk to my dealer about my issues with it and see if they can do anything to make it better.

If it worked better, I would not have turned it off and then I would (probably) not have backed into that pole....

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you for that. I just assumed mine was "working as designed". I will talk to my dealer about my issues with it and see if they can do anything to make it better.

If it worked better, I would not have turned it off and then I would (probably) not have backed into that pole....

I would definitely press the dealer on replacing the module. Depending on the dealer they might need to “replicate the issue” but if you press them on it they should replaced it. Especially if you say look this thing would brake all the time to the point I had to disable it and now I backed into something! Without laying direct blame, they are are at least partially responsible because if it worked correctly you wouldn’t have turned it off and then you wouldn’t have backed into the pole! Again, I wouldn’t have thought I would have needed such a feature, never mind on multiple occasions, but I won’t get into that :p

Here’s the service sheet with what they did. Blocked the techs info out

Attachments

• 7A7146D3-31A0-4C19-9111-549EB4D4314C.jpeg
    7A7146D3-31A0-4C19-9111-549EB4D4314C.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 23

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would definitely press the dealer on replacing the module. Depending on the dealer they might need to “replicate the issue” but if you press them on it they should replaced it. Especially if you say look this thing would brake all the time to the point I had to disable it and now I backed into something! Without laying direct blame, they are are at least partially responsible because if it worked correctly you wouldn’t have turned it off and then you wouldn’t have backed into the pole! Again, I wouldn’t have thought I would have needed such a feature, never mind on multiple occasions, but I won’t get into that :p

Here’s the service sheet with what they did. Blocked the techs info out

Thanks! :D

R

Rob5589

Damn dude, all kinds of bad luck.

22's and low pro rubber bands don't belong on a 4x4 pick up. At least you didn't crumple one in a pothole at speed. You'd be posting up more than curb rash.

C.E.Divine

Reaction score
It's not really your truck until you cause your first scuff or ding. Congratulations on your REAL first day of ownership!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ha! When I signed over my old truck, which was totally paid for, AND forked over a hefty down payment, it sure felt like I owned it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online