5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom seat covers. Clazzio, Coverking, something else?

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the covers on.
It wasn't too bad but did take quite a bit of finger strength. A lot of tucking and pulling. They're not as smooth as they will eventually be but my hands were pretty well spent from smoothing it, releasing it, pulling tight, and re-securing it.

The hardest part to fit was the rear passenger side around the arm rest, and the arm rest itself. I did them last so maybe it was fatigue or maybe they were just a struggle. Who knows.
As you see in the attached photo, I was able to smooth the driver side cover down (I did it first, so my hands were still fresh). I then did the front seats and finished on the other back seat.
The passenger side was nice and tight/smooth too, but I created a wrinkle on the headrest while spending A LOT of time tucking the arm rest opening. I can fix it by pulled the back and side down a bit tighter, but I needed a break. The arm rest itself still has a little wrinkle too, but I'll smooth that out when I revisit the seat with rested paws.

I went to the store today and the seat warmer works just fine through them, even on the lowest setting. I'm not going to say there's no difference at all, but it's minimal. The low setting is still perfectly usable, and the high one is still like an oven.

Attachments

• covers 3 resize.jpg
    covers 3 resize.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 114
  • covers 4 resize.jpg
    covers 4 resize.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Covers 1.jpg
    Covers 1.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And for anyone curious about the passengers. That little red/white giraffe has been my passenger for a long time. Back in 2007 Ram had a plush mascot named Rammie (it looked a little different than the current version). A lot of guys on an old forum used to post pictures of their trucks with Rammie in the shot somewhere. The giraffe somehow became my Rammie stand in, even though its first ride was my '05 Ram. It's been in every truck since then though, so it's got a few miles on it.
The polar bear. He's a little newer. That one joined the ride back in '14 so it's only been a passenger in my last truck and my current one. Although it got Jeep time and the giraffe didn't.

Here's a shot of my '07 (before quite a few mods) with the giraffe on the hood.

Attachments

• Reflexxion hood & buddy.jpg
    Reflexxion hood & buddy.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's a better shot of the back seat.

Attachments

• covers 5.jpg
    covers 5.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 82

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If anyone in is interested in the leather cover for the front center seat I'll ship it to you free*.
The set came with the front bucket seat covers, back seat covers and front center seat cover. I don't need the front center because I've got the full console.

* You pay shipping, the cover is free. Or we can meet somewhere for completely free. The box is 24 x 24 x 4 if you want to estimate shipping cost.
Pictures are attached if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• Clazzio front center.jpg
    Clazzio front center.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Clazzio SC.jpg
    Clazzio SC.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 26
  • Clazzio SB.jpg
    Clazzio SB.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shots, I know you will enjoy those Clazzio seat covers. My son put a set in his 4th gen Ram Bighorn and they have held up extremely well. Like you, he did the installation himself. Congrats, you did a great job!

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you. It took a little time to smooth everything out and get them tight, but it was worth the extra effort. I don't think a passive observer would be able to identify that they're covers rather than upholstery. The seams match OEM, and all the edges are folded/tucked similar to the OEM upholstery. Even the head rests use the same fastening method.
The main difference, which isn't visible, is that they aren't secured via hog rings along the center. I don't know if this will cause them to shift and/or wrinkle with repeated use but time will tell.
I'm not implying they're as good as upholstery, but I don't think an untrained eye is going to see a difference. And to me, that's worth saving the $1K. I don't want my truck to look like poo, but I'm not making a show truck either. If it looks and feels as good as OEM at a fraction of the cost, I don't see a reason to spend twice as much or more.

Lostonetoo

Reaction score
Shot, how are you liking the seat covers? I'm looking at getting some for my truck I just picked up, but doing the custom order, Black and gray with burgundy stitching.

Thanks

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They're great. They don't move around like universal covers, and in fact they feel like full on upholstery as far as fit. No wrinkles have developed, and if anything I'd say they've gotten more snug/fitted to the seats after getting some use. The seat warms works just fine through them.
I considered ordering custom colors but I was concerned without being able to see a set in person, or even a set on a 5th gen Ram in anything but solid color. Be sure to post a photo if you do get the 2 tone, I'd love to see them.

Are they as good as a Katzkin? Debatable I guess, but I'm not seeing/feeling a $1K difference if they're not. If you take your time with the install, you can get them tight, and the edges tucked away so you can't tell they're covers instead of upholstery.

If you're installing the Katzkin yourself, they are closer in price and may be worth the extra. However, if you have to pay for install of upholstery versus installing covers yourself, it's no contest. Take the covers.

On a side note.
I previously mentioned the confusion with the CoverKing covers shipping after the order was canceled. This has been a mess where they want me to pay for shipping and restocking fees. The covers seemed nice, but the vender (CARiD) has been a giant pain and extremely difficult to deal with. I filed a complain with the FTC and disputed the charge. It's looking like my credit card company is going to be reversing the charge. The moral of the story is I will not be buying anything from CARiD ever, and I'll be warning everyone to stay away from them as well. So if you're ordering covers, find someone other than than them to buy from.

Lostonetoo

Reaction score
I sure will post pictures and keep you updated. I order the sample colors today to make sure of the colors (Black and dark gray) is what I want to go with, then I'll place my order for them,

cervelo15

Reaction score
I have been leaning towards going with this company. Great reviews and it’s definitely not plain.
+1 for Covers and Camo. I placed an order for mine about 2 weeks ago and they are quoting 6 weeks for manufaturing and delivery. Theyre out of Utah and I’ve found plenty of install videos, including several for a 5th gen Ram.

Other cool thing they offer the Ops package that is integrated to the rear of each seat. 2 rifle slings, plenty of pockets and MOLLE webbing to mount a IFAK and other pouches to hold my daughters stuff. I saw a post on here where another member had them mounted.

They have leatherette inserts too.

Klicht87

Reaction score
They're great. They don't move around like universal covers, and in fact they feel like full on upholstery as far as fit. No wrinkles have developed, and if anything I'd say they've gotten more snug/fitted to the seats after getting some use. The seat warms works just fine through them.
I considered ordering custom colors but I was concerned without being able to see a set in person, or even a set on a 5th gen Ram in anything but solid color. Be sure to post a photo if you do get the 2 tone, I'd love to see them.

Are they as good as a Katzkin? Debatable I guess, but I'm not seeing/feeling a $1K difference if they're not. If you take your time with the install, you can get them tight, and the edges tucked away so you can't tell they're covers instead of upholstery.

If you're installing the Katzkin yourself, they are closer in price and may be worth the extra. However, if you have to pay for install of upholstery versus installing covers yourself, it's no contest. Take the covers.

On a side note.
I previously mentioned the confusion with the CoverKing covers shipping after the order was canceled. This has been a mess where they want me to pay for shipping and restocking fees. The covers seemed nice, but the vender (CARiD) has been a giant pain and extremely difficult to deal with. I filed a complain with the FTC and disputed the charge. It's looking like my credit card company is going to be reversing the charge. The moral of the story is I will not be buying anything from CARiD ever, and I'll be warning everyone to stay away from them as well. So if you're ordering covers, find someone other than than them to buy from.
I've had issues with CARID and refuse to ever order them again. It's fine if the order is correct but God help you if there are problems.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I went with these.

will post how it goes in a few weeks, when they are made.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had issues with CARID and refuse to ever order them again. It's fine if the order is correct but God help you if there are problems.
My experience with carid :eek: :poop: (n)
This seems to be a pretty common theme. It sounds like their customer service is complete crap.
They seemed fine when I placed the initial order, and my nephew said the same thing. Once they've got your money though, they turn to complete a-holes.

Once I started talking about my issue, multiple people have told me about experiences with CARiD.
So maybe this thread can serve to warn others shopping for seat covers, or any other automotive parts. The following PSA is posted in multiple colors to be highly visible regardless of which color setting (day/night mode) you are browsing in.

AVOID CARiD AT ALL COSTS. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS CRAP AND THEY WILL SCAM YOU IF THEY CAN.
AVOID CARiD AT ALL COSTS. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS CRAP AND THEY WILL SCAM YOU IF THEY CAN.

Eugber

Reaction score
I had Clazzio in my 4th Gen, installed them in my Big Horn 5th Gen Crew Cab, look great, front seats are pretty easy to install. Rear seats take a little more time, and as I did in my fourth Gen, I removed the rear seats for the install.

I went for all black this time simply because they were in stock and available for immediate ship, didn't want to wait the 4-6 weeks for two tone.
Did you get the leather inserts or full PVC?

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since the thread popped up again, I figured I give an update.

The Clazio covers are still meeting/exceeding my expectations. They're still snug and wrinkle free, despite getting in/out of the truck repeatedly. No visible edges or anything that would suggest they're a cover instead of replacement upholstery. To do it all again, I'd absolutely get the Clazio covers. I'd still like to see the black/brown combo, but at least this time around the only question would be how the color looks in person. I know I'm happy with the quality, so that eliminates one of the concerns I had.

And on a related note. The CARiD issue has been resolved. I got all of my money back. They tried to keep it but were ultimately forced to give it all back. Freaking shady company right there. Not only will I never order from them again, but I will also steer anyone I can away from them. As Klicht87 said, if the order is correct they wouldn't have been bad, but if there's an issue you're screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread