5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Lug Nuts

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
So, I'm thinking I want some custom colored lug nuts on my truck. At moment, I'm thinking I want to keep same size closed acron style, just a different color. Anyone know thread pitch and such? Reputable aftermarket companies or places to buy from? I don't think I want to trust my lug nuts on just any old Chinese knockoff off Amazon or am I thinking too hard about it?
Some off the ones I've come across seem long, like they would stick out a bit and i don't like that

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So, I'm thinking I want some custom colored lug nuts on my truck. At moment, I'm thinking I want to keep same size closed acron style, just a different color. Anyone know thread pitch and such? Reputable aftermarket companies or places to buy from? I don't think I want to trust my lug nuts on just any old Chinese knockoff off Amazon or am I thinking too hard about it?
Some off the ones I've come across seem long, like they would stick out a bit and i don't like that
14 x 1.5

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you live in a snowy climate, get McGard lug nuts. They're black chrome instead of painted and they're guaranteed not to rust. I don't like long lug nuts that stick out like a Ben Hur Chariot, so I bought the 1.65" length, spline drive McGard lug nuts. They sit perfectly flush with my wheels.

20220224_091510.jpg

Maryland bowhunter

Reaction score
If you live in a snowy climate, get McGard lug nuts. They're black chrome instead of painted and they're guaranteed not to rust. I don't like long lug nuts that stick out like a Ben Hur Chariot, so I bought the 1.65" length, spline drive McGard lug nuts. They sit perfectly flush with my wheels.

View attachment 121606
Hi, I am in the hunt for some black lug nuts, My 2022 Rebel was ordered in the night edition so it came with black wheels. Can't believe they didn't include black lug nuts as part of the changed out wheel package for the night edition option. I was wondering did you have to purchase 6 packages of the McGuard lug nuts or were you able to find all 24 needed in a special order. Also did you have to purchase the installation tool? Looks like you also have a locking lug nut is that correct? Thanks for any help.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
I went the cheap route and just did silicone covers, you keep your stock nuts and there are 7 or 8 different colors.

Pic 24 shows them.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Hi, I am in the hunt for some black lug nuts, My 2022 Rebel was ordered in the night edition so it came with black wheels. Can't believe they didn't include black lug nuts as part of the changed out wheel package for the night edition option. I was wondering did you have to purchase 6 packages of the McGuard lug nuts or were you able to find all 24 needed in a special order. Also did you have to purchase the installation tool? Looks like you also have a locking lug nut is that correct? Thanks for any help.
Yes. I bought 5 packages of the spline lug nuts and one set of locking lug nuts. I bought a spline socket too. Definitely expensive compared to a set of the Gorilla lug nuts, but worth it IMO.

Maryland bowhunter

Reaction score
Yes. I bought 5 packages of the spline lug nuts and one set of locking lug nuts. I bought a spline socket too. Definitely expensive compared to a set of the Gorilla lug nuts, but worth it IMO.
How long have you had McGard black chrome nuts, and are they showing any sign of rusting? This has been a complaint with black metal nuts, when you put them on they may loose some of their protective coating and eventually rust, the McGard brand seems to be the best ones though.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
How long have you had McGard black chrome nuts, and are they showing any sign of rusting? This has been a complaint with black metal nuts, when you put them on they may loose some of their protective coating and eventually rust, the McGard brand seems to be the best ones though.
They've been on my truck since 07-09-2021. Not a speck of rust yet.

Maryland bowhunter

Reaction score
After going back and forth, I decided for now I would try the ColorLugs (black) to change out the color of my factory IMG_1096.jpg IMG_1092.jpg lug nuts. They were very economical, fit very well and did the job I was looking for. If they don't hold up over time, I will switch to the McGard black chrome lug nuts.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After going back and forth, I decided for now I would try the ColorLugs (black) to change out the color of my factory View attachment 122016 View attachment 122017 lug nuts. They were very economical, fit very well and did the job I was looking for. If they don't hold up over time, I will switch to the McGard black chrome lug nuts.
Couldn't believe the cost of black lug nuts when i was looking. So I grabbed a set of THESE. Worked great and you can't even tell.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Titanium lugnuts, they will never chip or rust.

Warning be sitting down when you see the price.

U

User_67930

One thing I always do however, is when I take it in for brake work or tire rotation is I take the covers off so some heavy handed mechanic doesn't just rip them off and ruin them.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
How many times have you had the lug nuts off/on in that time?
Once. 🤣 I use hand tools to remove/install my wheels. My truck only has 3000 miles on it and I normally drive 5-7000 miles per year.

I haven't read many, if any reviews of McGard lug nuts rusting. If they do, I'll be testing their warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread