5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Has anyone had an upholstery shop make custom seat upholstery in leather of equal or better quality than OEM? I'm not interested in Katzkin. I'm seriously contemplating re-upholstering the seats front and rear in my ordered truck in a darker grey or even matching Indigo in the seating surfaces. I know dye transfer is going to be an issue and I'm a little annoyed by RAM's decision to put cloth inserts in the seats on an interior that's supposedly even MORE premium than before. Sorry RAM, cloth is NOT more premium than leather-period! Anyway, I want the cut/pattern of the seats to be identical to stock just darker shades of leather. While having it done I'll have RAM emblems embroidered as well. If anyone has done something similar please post some pictures and give me an idea of expected cost please. TIA

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So what’s your issue with Katzkin ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
So what’s your issue with Katzkin ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I just want the pattern/cut to be identical to stock. Katzkin uses their own patterns. No fault of theirs it's just they're "universal" No fault of the product per se

Users who are viewing this thread