5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom 3" exhaust

SecretAznMan007

Reaction score
Thinking about taking the truck to the exhaust shop and having them remove the stock exhaust from filter back with 3" but keeping the stock tips.
With no tune or delete think its a waste and time and money?
Anybody mess their exhaust yet?

I did some a bunch of research (which really means watching a bunch of YouTube Videos) and was planning on getting a Borla Cat-Back (Touring Package). I contacted a local highly rated muffler shop and they quoted me about $1300ish for the parts and install. After discussing with the shop manager what I wanted (more aggressive tone, but not too overpowering that the wife will hate me), he suggested I go with the Magnaflow Performance Exhaust Item #: 14288. The shop was willing to work with me if the event, I did not like the sound, they would get another muffler and I would only pay the difference. Pretty good customer service if you ask me. This Magnaflow muffler and install cost me $262 (out the door) and it saved me over a $1000. I absolutely love the sound. The shop cut my old muffler out and installed some new pipes to connect to the existing exhaust system.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I'm confused here.

We're talking EcoDiesel Gen 3, right? On these, the only thing you can do is an axle back kit. From the turbo you go right into the DPF, then into the low pressure EGR tube, then the SCR, then the backpressure valve near the rear axle. All of that crap has to stay intact until somebody offers a full delete tune. So, are you talking about $1,300 for two tail pipes? If so that's INSANE.

SecretAznMan007

Reaction score
So I'm confused here.

We're talking EcoDiesel Gen 3, right? On these, the only thing you can do is an axle back kit. From the turbo you go right into the DPF, then into the low pressure EGR tube, then the SCR, then the backpressure valve near the rear axle. All of that crap has to stay intact until somebody offers a full delete tune. So, are you talking about $1,300 for two tail pipes? If so that's INSANE.

I am sorry... I totally missed the Eco Diesel part. My bad. I thought were talking about the 5.7L V8. Oops.

Users who are viewing this thread