5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current Uconnect 5 issues

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wanted to start a new thread to try and figure out a couple of issues that are unresolved following the latest uConnect 5 update. These issue aren’t occurring as often I find but are still present.

1: wireless CarPlay disconnect caused by interference, After the last update I have only had this issue happen twice and both times it was while driving through the exact same stretch of road in northern Ontario. Right before the connection drops there is a few seconds of stuttering/skipping.

2: While using CarPlay while plugged in to USB input 1, a random freeze and reboot of the entire Uconnect system causing a VERY loud buzzing to come out of all speakers at whatever volume the source you were listening to was set at. Imagine having it turned up to 25 or 30 and having this happen, it has for me several times now since the update. This issue occurred multiple times on the first half of a very long 34 hour drive, on the way home I plugged the phone into INPUT 2 and never had an issue. The Uconnect system remains unresponsive until it reboots when this happens.

Both of these issues were present before the latest update, but occurred way more often. I thought the wireless disconnect caused by interference was fixed until I found a new spot that it happens in.

I know it’s hard to remember exact details of when these issues occur, but if we can narrow down a few things maybe we can get some fixes implemented in the next update with the help of @RamCares.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wanted to start a new thread to try and figure out a couple of issues that are unresolved following the latest uConnect 5 update. These issue aren’t occurring as often I find but are still present.

1: wireless CarPlay disconnect caused by interference, After the last update I have only had this issue happen twice and both times it was while driving through the exact same stretch of road in northern Ontario. Right before the connection drops there is a few seconds of stuttering/skipping.

2: While using CarPlay while plugged in to USB input 1, a random freeze and reboot of the entire Uconnect system causing a VERY loud buzzing to come out of all speakers at whatever volume the source you were listening to was set at. Imagine having it turned up to 25 or 30 and having this happen, it has for me several times now since the update. This issue occurred multiple times on the first half of a very long 34 hour drive, on the way home I plugged the phone into INPUT 2 and never had an issue. The Uconnect system remains unresponsive until it reboots when this happens.

Both of these issues were present before the latest update, but occurred way more often. I thought the wireless disconnect caused by interference was fixed until I found a new spot that it happens in.

I know it’s hard to remember exact details of when these issues occur, but if we can narrow down a few things maybe we can get some fixes implemented in the next update with the help of @RamCares.
Thanks for the tag, Sascwatch

We'll certainly take note of this for further review. However, we can also help search for any available resources on our end for you if you'd like. Feel free to PM us your VIN to start.

Steph
Ram Cares

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would happily provide logs or details to anyone at the Uconnect team if possible.

Unfortunately I am in Canada and even tho my brother worked at and I personally know a few people working at the company/ call centre your team works from, you can only refer me to FCA Canada for assistance.

RamCares

Reaction score
I would happily provide logs or details to anyone at the Uconnect team if possible.

Unfortunately I am in Canada and even tho my brother worked at and I personally know a few people working at the company/ call centre your team works from, you can only refer me to FCA Canada for assistance.
Hi Sascwatch,

Sorry for not catching that beforehand! In this instance, the best option would be contacting the Ram Canada team at 800-465-2001 or email here to document a case for further investigation. We'll shed light of these on our end as well.

Steph
Ram Cares

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
This happened to me the other day.
I listen to loud music and it felt like my ear drums were splitting, i'm not 100% sure I had my CarPlay device plugged in but if I did I wasn't using it.

It caused my safety features to stop working AFTER the reboot finihsed. I actually lost lane sense and speed adaptive cruse control until I shut the truck off.

Are you saying to plug it into the left port? If I had mine plugged it in would of been the USB A port on the right side (under the radio).

I thought it was just a fluke, but I don't use CarPlay very often (I just use Bluetooth to my Android phone without AA)

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would have been plugged into the left usb C port under the radio when it happened. I noticed the area of the usb ports was noticeably warm to the touch aswell.

WolfcatVader

Reaction score
Number 2 issue is happening to me right now. New 23' system. Loud buzzing, freezes, then reboots itself. Everything is normal after that until it happens again a day or two later. Using bluetooth Apple Carplay, nothing plugged in to USB ports.

RamCares

Reaction score
Number 2 issue is happening to me right now. New 23' system. Loud buzzing, freezes, then reboots itself. Everything is normal after that until it happens again a day or two later. Using bluetooth Apple Carplay, nothing plugged in to USB ports.
Hi WolfcatVader,

I received your PM and will be in touch with you soon!

Steph
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread