5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curious to hear everyones thoughts on their 2019 Rams so far

So far has your experience been:

• Positive

Votes: 23 100.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Negative

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that some members have had their new Rams for a bit I'm curious to hear what you guys think of it overall. Likes/dislikes, what you think could be improved and what you thing they really got right. I think this could be an interesting thread.

Love driving it, decent power (installed the Pedal commander yesterday and holy #@@). Interior is beautiful. Quality could be better (I have the screen that needs to be replaced, some minor fit and finish issues, air ride lowering by key fob very finicky, etc)

I love the truck...way better than my last truck a 2011 F150.

things I don't love:
- exhaust system...so quiet :cautious:
- power outlets on early builds are non existent (n)
- truck is not conducive to a combat start (transitioning from start to D is glitchy)
- all sports packages should have the sports hood :cry:
- no 360 cameras or power folding for tow package mirrors

other things I love:
- love the steering and handling
- ride smoothness
- stock Alpine sounds a solid
- uconnect 8.4 super smooth and buttery
- Android auto finally (y)
- comfortable and roomy cabin all around
- storage need I say more
- aggressive look
- weird one but I like the turning and fog light activation feature
- no backseat hump, all hail the flat bottom
- two infloor cooler storage ;)

things I would add if I could:
-an active exhaust system would be golden. If they had a similar setup to how an Scatpack or SRT could change transmission modes for better power placement having an option to increase just exhaust note would have been gold
- power extending/folding 360 camera equipped mirrors
- front proximity camera
- power outlets/inverter on all trims

Ok got to ask whats a pedal commander? sounds like it makes this faster, is that right and is it easy to have someone install it?

Ok got to ask whats a pedal commander? sounds like it makes this faster, is that right and is it easy to have someone install it?
I have never installed one, but what I understand is yes, faster and quicker of the line I believe.
Not sure if it’s a warranty issue, but the idea of a supercharged jail break is pretty cool

3100 miles on mine since I got it and still love every second of it. The truck is such a joy to drive. Really impressed by the fact that I am getting on a average 18 MPG in most of my daily travels which has a fair amount of stop and go living outside of DC.

Mine was built in June and I’ve really had zero issues I’ve seen others complain about. I was worried about various things since there were bugs and issues people have mentioned but I’ve had no such problems. My wait on my order could have helped me in the end.

The only thing that throws me off is the front bumper. It does flex and move depending on the angle or how flat the surface is that the truck is parked on but I’m mostly used to that now, “mostly”.

I will admit I have been VERY ocd about the paint job and keeping up with cleaning the truck since I invested a lot of money into PPF and a Ceramic Coat. I will say how easy it is to clean now being coated that making the Granite Crystal shine is worth it every time.

3100 miles on mine since I got it and still love every second of it. The truck is such a joy to drive. Really impressed by the fact that I am getting on a average 18 MPG in most of my daily travels which has a fair amount of stop and go living outside of DC.

Mine was built in June and I’ve really had zero issues I’ve seen others complain about. I was worried about various things since there were bugs and issues people have mentioned but I’ve had no such problems. My wait on my order could have helped me in the end.

The only thing that throws me off is the front bumper. It does flex and move depending on the angle or how flat the surface is that the truck is parked on but I’m mostly used to that now, “mostly”.

I will admit I have been VERY ocd about the paint job and keeping up with cleaning the truck since I invested a lot of money into PPF and a Ceramic Coat. I will say how easy it is to clean now being coated that making the Granite Crystal shine is worth it every time.
“Mostly” LoL
Awesome review, cannot wait to get mine.

Love it, no complaints.

I'm just over 4,000 miles on mine and had the first real tow to the lake (7,000lbs boat/trailer).

I added the Pedal Commander after much thought and now throttle response is equal to that of the F150 I traded in. It's been 10 months since I towed with the F150, but the Ram did great. Non-tow package mirrors are the perfect size/shape - better than the F150. The Ram felt more solid/planted to the road with the boat in tow, but the F150 is quite a bit lighter. I'll know tomorrow when I fill up what kind of mileage it got, but I didn't buy the truck for MPG.

Late May/early June build - none of the issues reported. 90+ degree's here today and the AC did fine at cooling the truck off.

https://www.pedalcommander.com/?v=7516fd43adaa

From the website:

Pedal Commander is a throttle response controller that removes response delays on your electronic accelerator pedal. Effectively, it allows your engine to respond faster so your car can accelerate faster! You paid lots of money for a serious vehicle; when you press your gas pedal, it shouldn’t feel like you are pressing a sponge. Haven’t you ever noticed that older cars tend to be more responsive, before digital pedals? We’re giving you that response back!
Pedal Commander has 4 different control modes: Eco, City, Sport, and Sport+ . Each control mode has 8 adjustable levels to work with. These different settings are what provide drivers with unique acceleration control in their vehicles.

I'm still playing around with the settings and I tripped an error code the first day (not during install but I think I may have accidentally switched to Eco mode which I believe it does not like). Cleared the codes and all is well. Once I'm sure I don't trip codes again, I'm mounting it under the dash and using Bluetooth and the app to change the settings.

Last edited:
Overall I am pleased, have 1500 miles on it so far. I understand there will be first model year issues, but all I can ask of RAM is don't leave us early adopters out in the cold.

Pros:
Ride - I am driving on a cloud it seems, the seats are so comfortable and don't find myself squirming like every F-150 I had
Steering Wheel - Just has a good luxury feel to it
UConnect - Overall better than Ford Sync3 for NAV and the stereo IS much nicer than the B&O Ford put in in 2018 and better than the Sony of previous years
Leather - Interior is also more luxurious than the F-150 Platinum's I have owned.
Exterior Paint - Mine seems perfect, the 2018 F-150 I ordered had an embarrassing roof ditch seam and slung paint in the door jambs.
Engine - I am itching to try the Pedal Commander but these 3.92 gears and the Hemi seem pretty good. More power than the F-150 5.0 in my seat of the pants dyno :)

Cons:
The way RAM is handling the gauge lighting issue, and am still fighting it.
Handsfree calling - Randomly disconnects and reconnects while on call, stupid it doesn't transfer the call when truck shut off and driver door opens. Won't let me listen to music while on "private call" so my passengers have to listen to my conversation and truck is silent.
A/C - I would rate this as under performing. It's not horrible but just has so much potential to be better, others can do it why can't RAM.
Bass Rattle - If they really tested this then they felt this was acceptable and waited to hear pushback.
Accent Lighting Headlights - LED should be brighter
Ambient Lighting - Not really pleasing to the eye, and the glovebox gap makes it look cheap. Make it where we can adjust the level and color
Steering Column Boot - Cheap looking on the Limited
Adjustable Steering Column - Limited is still manual ? Cheap
CHMSL Cargo Lighting - Not LED ????
Wireless Charging - Works most of the time, but then for no reason will flash RED and I have a hard time getting it to start working again that trip.
UConnect remote access - Why so slow for the vehicle to receive the command? FordPass is much faster to respond.

6,000 miles. Love it. Only issue is a brake chirp at times. Now you guys have me intrigued on the Pedal Commander

6,000 miles. Love it. Only issue is a brake chirp at times. Now you guys have me intrigued on the Pedal Commander

That hesitation in the throttle you get, when you go to accelerate - it'll be gone. I was hesitant as well and so glad I did it.

does it affect warranty at all? can you install it and just remove it for dealer servicing?

does it affect warranty at all? can you install it and just remove it for dealer servicing?

Easy install and removal...unplug the harness from the pedal, plug in the pedal commander and then plug in that harness into the pedal commander. Took me longer to figure out how to remove the harness from the pedal. If you for some reason trip a code, reset it with a OBDII reader and then drive the truck..the permanent code will also go away.

Easy install and removal...unplug the harness from the pedal, plug in the pedal commander and then plug in that harness into the pedal commander. Took me longer to figure out how to remove the harness from the pedal. If you for some reason trip a code, reset it with a OBDII reader and then drive the truck..the permanent code will also go away.

And it's bluetooth so zip tie it up under the dash. No one will know you have it.

1,100 km and I have to get a new windshield. Not happy about that but not the truck’s fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back