5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crushed!!!!

Turbo1895

Reaction score
Received a call today from the local PD and was informed my truck was hit and displaced from my parking space at my local train station. Apparently it was a major accident and a 2012 ram 1500 ran across the sidewalk from a hwy and into my truck parked parallel to said hwy. Truck was moved approximately 15' feet and according to my body shop the entire passenger side, entire bed, rear of the frame, rear end and suspension are mangled. Looks like it may be a total loss. Any advice except to drink heavily because I am well into a bender already. If you look at the mods below in the signature most are a loss except for the pc and stereo upgrades. Leveling kit is sitting in garage N.I.B. so I save that as well. So sad, mad and angry right now. Not sure what to do with myself.

Turbo1895

Reaction score
Not sure if these will post but they are pictures someone posted of the accident scene onto facebook

Attachments

• 70677238_10157719239724184_4015787253459582976_n.pdf
    50.1 KB · Views: 429
  • 79268492_10157719239864184_1158596367585640448_n(1).pdf
    65.8 KB · Views: 237

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unless the other person was uninsured, I doubt your mods are a total loss. If you can prove what you paid, be sure to include installation costs, their insurance should be on the hook to make you whole again.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Received a call today from the local PD and was informed my truck was hit and displaced from my parking space at my local train station. Apparently it was a major accident and a 2012 ram 1500 ran across the sidewalk from a hwy and into my truck parked parallel to said hwy. Truck was moved approximately 15' feet and according to my body shop the entire passenger side, entire bed, rear of the frame, rear end and suspension are mangled. Looks like it may be a total loss. Any advice except to drink heavily because I am well into a bender already. If you look at the mods below in the signature most are a loss except for the pc and stereo upgrades. Leveling kit is sitting in garage N.I.B. so I save that as well. So sad, mad and angry right now. Not sure what to do with myself.
Bummer. On the bright side, (1) you weren’t in it at the time, and (2) it’s not an “almost” totaled truck needing extensive repairs...better to get a fresh one!

jamie.howlett

Reaction score
That is terrible. Hopefully, you get it all back + some. Not much to argue, guy mangled a park vechicle, should be a straight forward claim.

ScarletNight

Reaction score
Trucks can be replaced but people can’t. Glad you are ok. Ironic that a fellow RAM owner hit you.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I was looking for 2018 F150 PLatinum diesels earlier this year. I found one in Ohio with 3900 miles that had a carfax on it showing minor damage to the rear. Dealer told me it was a fender bender and no big deal. I found the selling dealer and a salesman there called the original owner who told him the truck was hit in a parking lot and had over $25000 in damage to include an entire new frame and box. I was ready to drive to Ohio to buy that truck! Carfax didn't care when I reported their info was wrong. They never changed that report.

Turbo1895

Reaction score
Once I hear back from the adjuster I can stop feeling sorry for myself and start shopping for #2. I got an amazing deal on a leftover 19 and now I am determined to get a better deal on the next one. Thinking about a Larmie or Rebel to start.

R

Rob5589

It's just a truck. Take solace in the fact that you weren't in it at the time.

Turbo1895

Reaction score
It's just a truck. Take solace in the fact that you weren't in it at the time.
Went to go see her today and man she took a hard hit. Body shop is confident that it will get totaled out and then sold at auction and rebuilt. Hell he told me that he wants to bid on it. 20191214_102010.jpg 20191214_102017.jpg 20191214_101109.jpg

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Just another point of view, two of my friends jumped my brand new high pressure turbo sports car going around a turn on loose dirt and traveled a few hundred feet into the woods - my insurance paid for a dodge neon as my daily for about 3 months or more. When I got the car back I thought it would be riddled with problems and I’d never be able to sell it as the damage was extensive

drove the car hard for 11 years all over the country and sold it on eBay for 2500$ with 330,000 miles on it. The only thing I recall fixing ever was the radiator -absolutely brilliant and reliable despite the accident

Tred's

Reaction score
First off, glad you're okay. I started my way through the insurance game back on 01/24/19. I was rear ended on the freeway, stopped traffic, when a kid hit me at 60-70 MPH. I was told the airbags didn't deploy because it was a rear end collision. One computer over rode the other? Still the damage was enough to total my 2017 Ram Big Horn. There was only 15K miles on my truck.

BTW - I walked away with a broken shoulder & concussion. I was lucky to be in a Ram truck! If it would have been my wife's 2017 Camry, I'd probably still be in the hospital.

At first, the damage didn't look so bad, the the repair shop (insurance company recommended) told me it could be fixed. Like others here, I worried about the longevity AFTER the repairs.
20190124 01B.jpg 20190124 02B.jpg
20190124 12 A.jpg 20190124 15.jpg
The repair shop told me they could replace the bent frame. I asked them to check the buckled cab & the transfer case & transmission. After over a week of waiting, Poof! The rear axle was pushed 6 inches forward damaging the transfer case & transmission. When the repair cost hit $26K, my insurance company TOTALED my truck.

Be very careful when you deal with the insurance companies. Keep copies of everything!

Roughly 2 weeks later, I walked in & bought my 2019. My insurance company covered my medical, still waiting on the kid's insurance company to own up to their end? And the kid even admitted he didn't see the 4 lanes of stopped traffic? We are still in litigation over the wreck. Still the game continues, I have yet to be compensated in anyway. I wish you the best in your dealings with those yahoos.

Last edited:

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
First off, glad you're okay. I started my way through the insurance game back on 12/24/19. I was rear ended on the freeway, stopped traffic, when a kid hit me at 60-70 MPH. I was told the airbags didn't deploy because it was a rear end collision. One computer over rode the other? Still the damage was enough to total my 2017 Ram Big Horn. There was only 15K miles on my truck.

BTW - I walked away with a broken shoulder & concussion. I was lucky to be in a Ram truck! If it would have been my wife's 2017 Camry, I'd probably still be in the hospital.

At first, the damage didn't look so bad, the the repair shop (insurance company recommended) told me it could be fixed. Like others here, I worried about the longevity AFTER the repairs.
View attachment 41886 View attachment 41887
View attachment 41888 View attachment 41889
The repair shop told me they could replace the bent frame. I asked them to check the buckled cab & the transfer case & transmission. After over a week of waiting, Poof! The rear axle was pushed 6 inches forward damaging the transfer case & transmission. When the repair cost hit $26K, my insurance company TOTALED my truck.

Be very careful when you deal with the insurance companies. Keep copies of everything!

Roughly 2 weeks later, I walked in & bought my 2019. My insurance company covered my medical, still waiting on the kid's insurance company to own up to their end? And the kid even admitted he didn't see the 4 lanes of stopped traffic? We are still in litigation over the wreck. Still the game continues, I have yet to be compensated in anyway. I wish you the best in your dealings with those yahoos.
Motorcycle accident October 2013, settlement May 2018. Wheels of justice turn slowly, insurance company even slower. I keep hearing Geico is the WORST. The guy who made the left where no left turn is allowed of course had Geico. Brother and neighbor also had claims against Geico insured. Be prepared to go back at them and submit data.

TexasDrone

Reaction score
First off, glad you're okay. I started my way through the insurance game back on 12/24/19. I was rear ended on the freeway, stopped traffic, when a kid hit me at 60-70 MPH. I was told the airbags didn't deploy because it was a rear end collision. One computer over rode the other? Still the damage was enough to total my 2017 Ram Big Horn. There was only 15K miles on my truck.

When we had an accident, both insurance companies said it was totaled however their insurance company didn’t want to give us what we wanted or what the vehicle was worth. So we then turned to our insurance company for their quote. Ended up settling with our own insurance company, and then they get to keep the vehicle and scrap it for parts and still go to other insurance company for what they were out since ultimately it was their drivers fault. So it was a win win for us and our insurance company. Neither us or our insurance company was out anything. Even collected our $5000 PIP Injury policy too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jako

Reaction score
Years ago a friend is driving my 78 Ford F150. Guy runs a stop sign and friends runs into him. Sues me and him. The stop sign runner's insurance adjuster tries to settle my damage on the cheap $500 for a lot of cosmetic damage but no mechanical. I know this guy is full of it. They send me the check anyhow but I wouldn't cash it. Lawyer from my insurance company calls about the injury claim and to see if I have any issues. I explain to her the situation about his insurance adjuster and tell her I don't care if I get nothing back after lawyer costs but I'm not letting them off the hook. Ended up with $1500-1600 after lawyer costs.

My experience is you need to be knowledgeable on your claim and convey that to the insurance representatives. Sounds like buying a car/truck!

Which is worst to deal with adjusters or sales people?

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How about the driver of the 2012 Ram? Was the person injured?

Turbo1895

Reaction score
How about the driver of the 2012 Ram? Was the person injured?
He took 2 massive hits, the 1st where he crushed my parked truck and moved it 15feet. The second was the 05 mustang behind my truck where he put the motor into the fire wall on that car. From what i heard the driver of the 2012 ram is okay,but how I am not sure

2019REBEL

Reaction score

You are predicting your own crash in 8 days. 12/24/19 hasn't happened yet. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread