5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crew Cab Subwoofer Boxes..

_mr_white_

Reaction score
Trying to decide on a box for the 5th gen Ram.. any insight would be appreciated.. I have 2-12"s and amp currently and I am open to changing subs to different size if need be for a good box. Here's my options that I know of and also like. 2 boxes from FROSTBITE and 2 boxes from Fox Acoustics..
a33677765d15bab7868f0ef9768e6193.jpg
6554bf24804c116b25e7ee8b7c8cb129.jpg
0be9618c85a0a06328bac3054637a8ee.jpg
78744e7f2272051d6710b340dfe4ddf7.jpg
44f6530b243336377413b5a46bac8671.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got the dual 10" vented box from Fox Acoustics. I will be starting the install today more than likely. Am taking out the back seats and putting sound deadener all along the back wall when I do it as well as putting something over the rear vents to quiet them down.

g3sys

Reaction score
I have the dual 12 vented from Fox
Hits pretty well

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the dual 12 vented from Fox
Hits pretty well
I bet that slams pretty hard. I had 2 12s in my old Civic and it about rattled it apart. 1 12 of n my last Ram and it wasn’t enough so going middle ground with 2 10a this time. All I’ve got left to do today is install the amp and put the seats back in.

Lopeezy

Reaction score
Looks nice! On the downside, this makes raising the seats for larger cargo pointless. And how do you access the “Ram Bins” beneath your floor mats?

With the floor mat in place, the Ram Bins are pretty much non-accessible. While I understand that is an inconvenience for some, I personally have zero use for them, so having subs is well worth the sacrifice.

Can the seat still slide to recline with this box?

Yes, you can still recline the seat w/ this box.

Clayssport

Reaction score
I've got the dual 10" vented box from Fox Acoustics. I will be starting the install today more than likely. Am taking out the back seats and putting sound deadener all along the back wall when I do it as well as putting something over the rear vents to quiet them down.
What type of subs you put in this bud? Im thinking of grabbing the same one but i just got 2 hertz sx250 spl shows and they weigh about 26lbs each. Just a little worried with that under hung weight on the single sheet of 5/8s baffle.
Cheers

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What type of subs you put in this bud? Im thinking of grabbing the same one but i just got 2 hertz sx250 spl shows and they weigh about 26lbs each. Just a little worried with that under hung weight on the single sheet of 5/8s baffle.
Cheers
I’ve got 2 Kicker CVRs in it. Box is made pretty solid. I’m happy with it

Benca101

Reaction score
My audio guy had some very poorly made double 10 inch box that, not only takes all under seat storage, but covered both ram bins. Screw that... I use my truck for a million things. So, that audio guy cut the box in half, custom made the seat storage bracket on the driver side, and I can flip up the woofer and access the ram bin passenger side. Sounds amazing. plenty of bass and rich sound for me. My point is that you can have your cake and eat it... if you’re ok with a single 10 inch sub.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My audio guy had some very poorly made double 10 inch box that, not only takes all under seat storage, but covered both ram bins. Screw that... I use my truck for a million things. So, that audio guy cut the box in half, custom made the seat storage bracket on the driver side, and I can flip up the woofer and access the ram bin passenger side. Sounds amazing. plenty of bass and rich sound for me. My point is that you can have your cake and eat it... if you’re ok with a single 10 inch sub.
The dual 10 fox box allows you to access the bins as well. Does not work well with the factory slush mats though. I I plan on trimming down the slush mats so they fit around the bod instead of going under it and then it will be great.

KRField

Reaction score
I would go frostbite due to multiple configuration options and ram box access. I am drooling over the dual lt7 box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you guys running your amplifier power wires down the drivers side?

I'm going to be installing an amp in a few days so any tips on snaking the power wire through to under the rear seats would be greatly appreciated.

Big2019Ram

Reaction score
I also have the dual 10" vented box from Fox Acoustics and I love it!! The box looks and performs great.

View attachment 41827
View attachment 41828
I just purchased the same box, what subs did you go with? i also hate that they sit on top of the floor storage. Looks like they left alot of sub space in the back of the seat free. Guess its good for mounting amps. can you take some pictures of where you mounted the amp>?

2face

Reaction score
The dual 10 fox box allows you to access the bins as well. Does not work well with the factory slush mats though. I I plan on trimming down the slush mats so they fit around the bod instead of going under it and then it will be great.

Did you end up trimming the slush mats? I’m currently looking for a box the will sit behind the factory slush mats. I wonder if there’s enough room to put spacers underneath the box so they sit on top of the slush mat possibly.. Curisous as to what you came up with

Seadweller23

Reaction score
I really like the job Frostbite did on their box. I will be getting an install this week and report out. Frostbite also is soliciting input on a single sub box that looks great on their Facebook page today. My dual box is below followed by the prototype single with the red box. Good luck to all those looking for a decent sub box. 1591056497733.jpeg 1591056533960.png

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you end up trimming the slush mats? I’m currently looking for a box the will sit behind the factory slush mats. I wonder if there’s enough room to put spacers underneath the box so they sit on top of the slush mat possibly.. Curisous as to what you came up with
I have not trimmed the slush mats. Not enough room to add additional spacers without also raising the seat up higher. Once I actually get some days off I’ll mark off where the box sits and trim the mats to fit better.

Users who are viewing this thread