5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crew Cab length and garages

anthtony

Reaction score
Yes, the Limited without Trailer tow mirrors will allow for power fold in.
Thanks - I knew that part, but am just wondering if anyone else parks in a garage a similar width? Once the mirrors fold in I assume it is still wider than 83"....I just don't know how much wider :)

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I tried doing some really, really rough measurements for 10pm at night. With the mirrors power folded in, I'm somewhere between 84-86 inches. With them out, I'm somewhere near 98-100. Definitely rough measurements

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The folding mirrors really make a diffence. My 2012 didn’t have them. It makes the 8’ (93.5”) opening so much easier to navigate.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, the Limited without Trailer tow mirrors will allow for power fold in.

I'm looking forward to using the 360 camera when parking in the garage. What happens to the 360 view when the mirrors are folded while still moving (parking)? Does it disable everything or just show a wonky picture since the side cameras are no longer aimed outward?

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to using the 360 camera when parking in the garage. What happens to the 360 view when the mirrors are folded while still moving (parking)? Does it disable everything or just show a wonky picture since the side cameras are no longer aimed outward?

Well you got me curious so I went out and tried...you get a wonky picture. Forgive the dirty garage and the terrible pics from my tablet

Folded in:
20180901_220908.jpg

Folded out.
20180901_220858.jpg

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My current truck has about 6” of room (2010 ram crew cab). I use a ball hanging in a string and back it in until the ball touches the rear window. I am concerned that my new one is going to be extremely hard to squeeze in sinsmce they added 4” in length. I’ll fjnd out soon. I was thinking of creating a recessed pocket in the wall to give me a few more usable inches.

jkratze1

Reaction score
I park my crew cab in my garage every day. I have two 8' garage doors with a total of 94 inches in width per door. I have the power folding mirrors and they are a must when you have 8' doors. For the length, I have about 6" in the front and 6" in the rear to spare when parked in the garage. I use the Striker parking sensor to get me 6" from the wall and it works great every time. If you need less than 6" to the wall the sensor won't work but for 6" or more I highly recommend the sensor.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/STRIKER-Ultra-Sonic-Garage-Parking-Sensor-00246/206130073

Last edited:

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I park my crew cab in my garage every day. I have two 8' garage doors with a total of 94 inches in width per door. I have the power folding mirrors and they are a must when you have 8' doors. For the length, I have about 6" intthe front and 6" int the rear to spare when parked in the garage. I use the Striker parking sensor to get me 6" from the wall and it works great every time. If you need less than 6" to the wall the sensor won't work but for 6" or more I highly recommend the sensor.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/STRIKER-Ultra-Sonic-Garage-Parking-Sensor-00246/206130073

Seems to be quite a few mixed reviewed with that sensor (alot relating to it either dying after only a few weeks or eating batteries). How long have you had it and have you had any issues?

jkratze1

Reaction score
Seems to be quite a few mixed reviewed with that sensor (alot relating to it either dying after only a few weeks or eating batteries). How long have you had it and have you had any issues?
I've only had the Striker parking sensor for a few weeks but it works great so far for me and the batteries are still working.

Last edited:

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What's the length from front of truck to the windshield/top? I have hanging shelves from my ceiling bat front and I'm hoping I can pull my hood under and have room before I get to my top getting close to the shelves.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What's the length from front of truck to the windshield/top? I have hanging shelves from my ceiling bat front and I'm hoping I can pull my hood under and have room before I get to my top getting close to the shelves.

Back in :p. Sorry I couldn't resist

unxpctd

Reaction score
I have a 4 car garage (1 double and 2 singles) and park my 2017 Rebel in the big bay. There is enough distance for front back fit no issues...and I spent $4 on a plastic ball and string so I know exactly where to pull it in and how far in to pull it. Once the ball hits the windshield...into park she goes.

My only issue is that I want a 2500 Power Wagon but don't believe my garage is tall enough :( Sooo...have to stick to my 1500. I have just a couple inches of clearance pulling it into the garage. My next house after I retire will have a taller garage.

TimG

Reaction score
I have a 4 car garage (1 double and 2 singles) and park my 2017 Rebel in the big bay. There is enough distance for front back fit no issues...and I spent $4 on a plastic ball and string so I know exactly where to pull it in and how far in to pull it. Once the ball hits the windshield...into park she goes.

My only issue is that I want a 2500 Power Wagon but don't believe my garage is tall enough :( Sooo...have to stick to my 1500. I have just a couple inches of clearance pulling it into the garage. My next house after I retire will have a taller garage.

If your garage door is 7 feet tall, you should be fine with a stock power wagon. My '17 2500 had the ORG, which is the same height as the PW, and it fit in my 7' door with about 3/4 of an inch clearance over the shark fin.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
If your garage door is 7 feet tall, you should be fine with a stock power wagon. My '17 2500 had the ORG, which is the same height as the PW, and it fit in my 7' door with about 3/4 of an inch clearance over the shark fin.
Yep. That's about what I have, around .500-.750" clearance @ normal ride height (air suspension).

Users who are viewing this thread