5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creak/rattle dash

armymp1130

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram 1500 with the uconnect 8.4 with the gloss black trim, and within the past month on the left side of radio near vent there sounds like something is loose and rattles like crazy on every little bump and i live in Rhode island and theres not a single road without potholes or bumps so i hear it every second of every ride lol anyone have a solution?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram 1500 with the uconnect 8.4 with the gloss black trim, and within the past month on the left side of radio near vent there sounds like something is loose and rattles like crazy on every little bump and i live in Rhode island and theres not a single road without potholes or bumps so i hear it every second of every ride lol anyone have a solution?

Hi armymp1130,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this, we certainly understand why it would be concerning. If you're not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your dealer, please let us know. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support while your truck is in service. Our team is just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
on the left side of radio near vent there sounds like something is loose and rattles like crazy on every little bump

Similar issue, so chiming in - the interior is so quiet that this light creak/rattle that developed pretty quickly for me has been around a while. I'm thinking to remove the Dash/DR Side tweeter to see if it's a loose and bouncing wiring harness.

Interestingly all is relatively quiet until I tow or have been on the road a while. When hittin gjust the right road surface, there's a constant vibration. The biggest problem with this is it has to be observed and can't be replicated on demand

armymp1130

Reaction score
Similar issue, so chiming in - the interior is so quiet that this light creak/rattle that developed pretty quickly for me has been around a while. I'm thinking to remove the Dash/DR Side tweeter to see if it's a loose and bouncing wiring harness.

Interestingly all is relatively quiet until I tow or have been on the road a while. When hittin gjust the right road surface, there's a constant vibration. The biggest problem with this is it has to be observed and can't be replicated on demand
i agree my truck is going in friday for them to hopefully reflash the trans for the harsh downshifting, and im wondering if its worth it to bring up the dash rattle or just not bother them with too many things at once lol

Evan122

Reaction score

Did you ever figure out the source of rattle? Mine has 2 rattles and its killing me. One behind the switch cluster at bottom of center stack and one driver side around the steering wheel/dashboard/window area

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out the source of rattle? Mine has 2 rattles and its killing me. One behind the switch cluster at bottom of center stack and one driver side around the steering wheel/dashboard/window area
Nope unfortunately not - it's temp and road vibration dependent so it's lessened over the winter but still there in both front dash speaker areas... Hoping to find time this summer and upgrade the speakers at the same time

One random thought, I had a Toyota with a very annoying rpm and road dependent buzz from the dash area... Turned out to be a fuel line popped from its bracket on the firewall... So there's that to also check (anything on the firewall)

n9ne4

Reaction score
Doesn't anyone know if someone has been successful with getting a truck lemon lawed due to a rattle(interior)? Coming up on my 3rd time taking it in and I believe it should technically qualify!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone know if someone has been successful with getting a truck lemon lawed due to a rattle(interior)? Coming up on my 3rd time taking it in and I believe it should technically qualify!
Say that out loud and then come back and let us know what you think.

n9ne4

Reaction score
Say that out loud and then come back and let us know what you think.
Nice response smart ***. If it meets the requirements then I would assume yes, or would be able to make a decent case for it. Take a hike kid.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haven't been back to this thread in a while - still have the rattle but was taken aside to deal with the 3rd water intrusion from the back window/3rd brake light, so that took precedence...

as for lemon law for a rattle in the interior - (don't quote me, i'm not a lawyer),I believe one of the statues is the vehicle can't be used for its intended purpose -- a lawyer with time to burn could make the case the rattle not being fixed is making the vehicle uninhabitable --- but, good luck with that, hope you can find the source of the rattle!

Users who are viewing this thread