5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked windshield - national backorder

Ciege

Reaction score
My installation was delayed until 12/5 from 12/3. Hopefully they actually have the glass.

Ciege

Reaction score
Windshield was replaced this morning! OEM Mopar stamped glass from the dealer. The installer said the 2019 redesign was a much easier that the previous model years.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a couple of deep scractches on mine but I'm not touching it until at least next year (knocking on wood).

For those with the rain and humidity sensors, make sure whom ever is replacing the windshield takes care with those.

1544029915392.png

RBRK

Reaction score
Did mine today. Went pretty well. Quite easy. Took one month and 3 days from order to install. It was a long month. I didn’t have to aim the camera either. Lane assist worked fine so far. The windshield has pins on the top that go into the body, so alignment is a breeze.

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
Rock chip today that immediately begin to run...up to about 12 inches long now. Will have to get with the dealership next week after Christmas and see if they can get one ordered for me.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Add another one to the list of people with a crack on passenger side. It's about 6 inches long right now, I guess I will wait until it spreads a little further before making a claim.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Add another one to the list of people with a crack on passenger side. It's about 6 inches long right now, I guess I will wait until it spreads a little further before making a claim.
That can't be that much of a coincidence... about half way up on the passenger side? My dealer said they found a small chip and diverted to insurance... but I'm starting to wonder, since I was never convinced there actually was a chip. Was yours an obvious chip?

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That can't be that much of a coincidence... about half way up on the passenger side? My dealer said they found a small chip and diverted to insurance... but I'm starting to wonder, since I was never convinced there actually was a chip. Was yours an obvious chip?

Yep half way up. I did hear it and when I parked I took a look, and there was a chip but it's so tiny. Seems like a weak point on the windshield.
2019-01-03 10.21.25.jpg

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Did mine today. Went pretty well. Quite easy. Took one month and 3 days from order to install. It was a long month. I didn’t have to aim the camera either. Lane assist worked fine so far. The windshield has pins on the top that go into the body, so alignment is a breeze.

Is there a way to adjust the camera?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twoamen

Reaction score
I had a stone crack. I had two windshields replaced in two weeks. First one had a swirl in the lower portions field of view. Factory windshield, rain for two days so I did not notice the blem. Called SAFELITE they replaced first with second Factory windshield. Both windshields only had two day wait for installation mostly because I could not schedule my time. You also have to have the Lane assist/Camera recalibrated after installation. Dealer calibration $241.00 Safelite Windshield installation $900.00 .

bbetts00

Reaction score
OEM windshield is still on backorder. I had multiple vendors in Austin, TX quote me <$500 installed for a non-OEM windshield. It works with all the sensors on my Limited, has the acoustic layer, etc. Apparently the only difference between OEM and non-OEM is the RAM head logo in the bottom right.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OEM windshield is still on backorder. I had multiple vendors in Austin, TX quote me <$500 installed for a non-OEM windshield. It works with all the sensors on my Limited, has the acoustic layer, etc. Apparently the only difference between OEM and non-OEM is the RAM head logo in the bottom right.

Your crack (on the windshield) isn't in the same place by chance is it?

satellitemike

Reaction score
Got mine replaced at Safelite and no issues w any of the sensors. Best part is I handed the bill to the dealer and they paid it!

LaRamie

Reaction score
Wife caught a rock this morning, nasty chip at first then this evening turned to a 3 inch crack. Even had appt tomorrow at 1 to get it sealed.. so much for that, will update on ETA for a windshield for anyone down the road here. Just when I thought I was done waiting on parts lol

Update: Feburary 1st before part is available

Last edited:

UnLimited

Reaction score
I'm scheduled Monday for a mobile install. The glass company said Ram wasn't on the list for any recalibration, although when I initially made the appointment the nice lady stated it was required. :whistle:

I called the dealer (we have 3 in the area) and asked if it was required, he fumbled his words a bit, then asked if I had 'heads up display" I was floored... really.. I just said 'I'll call back later to make an appt if needed' ;)

SOO - can anyone guide me - should pursue have the guidance systems recalibrated?

Thanks in advance!!

RBRK

Reaction score
Mine didn’t need t. There are alignment pins on the glass that go into the body. It goes in pretty much the same. Little room for error.

Users who are viewing this thread