5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked windshield - national backorder

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Small rock caused 9 inch crack.

Good news is my deductible is $50

Bad news is the windshield is on national backorder lol. Part number on mine is 68275584AC. this is a vendor ship so the supplier sends it directly and list price is $809.00. Good thing it's covered by insurance.

Last edited:

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took 2 months to get my windshield. Wonder how long I'll have to wait for a replacement rim and black running board. Dealer had no confirmation as of Friday.

warmachine

Reaction score
Ordered my windshield in August and got it a couple weeks ago. Hopefully the chip doesn’t get worse and I can wait until spring to get it replaced

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just need to clean off excess resin. Not perfect but should hold till I get it replaced.

48EF2F70-81AC-4BC0-A99B-8F6AED0111FB.jpeg

Ciege

Reaction score
Still back-ordered?
Just got hot by a rock this morning and have a nice 4" crack.
What did you do? Order yourself from dealer or go to a 3rd party windshield company? I have insurance on it so I'm not worried about that part of it.

jimwjones

Reaction score
Dealer told me it’s looking like mid-December for my windshield. Hope all the sensors still work after it’s installed...

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still back-ordered?
Just got hot by a rock this morning and have a nice 4" crack.
What did you do? Order yourself from dealer or go to a 3rd party windshield company? I have insurance on it so I'm not worried about that part of it.

Went through my insurance who uses Safelite as their preferred provider. My insurance requires OEM part for 2019 Ram.

UnLimited

Reaction score
In need of new glass myself woth Safelite installation on Friday, made the appointment today and for OEM glass.

Car wash did mine, but they refuse to take any responsibility- of course.

Ciege

Reaction score
I just called my insurance today and they sent me to their preferred glass company, who happened to have 1 OEM windshield in Phoenix available. So I get it installed tomorrow. $0 deductible so quite happy considering.

Ciege

Reaction score
Well, scratch that. The glass company physically viewed the available windshied and it was damaged. So I too am on the backorder list.

UnLimited

Reaction score
Ditto, on the waitlist as well, earlier post for my appt for Friday 30th shouldn't have been - a make by glass company...

On the bright side, we all are riding in Motor Trends Truck of the Year!!

Ciege

Reaction score
Just got a call the my windshield ordered through the dealer is in. Install supposed to happen Monday.

UnLimited

Reaction score
I showed up from my appointment this morning, only to leave about 20 minutes later... The actual glass was for a Chevy.. someone had placed the wrong sticker at the Safelite warehouse.. .. received a call about an hour ago, that the glass is due to arrive after the first of the year, but no exact date...

Users who are viewing this thread