5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked windshield - national backorder

UnLimited

Reaction score
Finally, mine was replaced yesterday - $1202 - thank goodness for glass coverage and no deductible.

11/17 claim
1/14 fixed

Beddow05

Reaction score
Windshield was replaced this morning! OEM Mopar stamped glass from the dealer. The installer said the 2019 redesign was a much easier that the previous model years.
What glass company did you use ?

warvet

Reaction score
safelite is installing mine as I type........did you guys have to do any kind of calibration? I received a warning from safelite that "I may" have to get my cameras recalibrated. I do have the forward collision as well as adaptive cruise control, rain sensor wipers, auto high beam, etc.

I do see the question was already asked/answered, but just want to make sure no one had to. Even if one person did, I'll go to the dealership since I have to get the recalls done anyway.

LaRamie

Reaction score
The owner of our local shop that is going to put ours in talked like it was a must (I know people have had them check out fine not needing it) but something being off even a degree or two could make a huge difference for these systems, mostly the lane departure and forward collision. Better safe than sorry.hopefully our windshield is here next week, going on two months now..

warvet

Reaction score
The owner of our local shop that is going to put ours in talked like it was a must (I know people have had them check out fine not needing it) but something being off even a degree or two could make a huge difference for these systems, mostly the lane departure and forward collision. Better safe than sorry.hopefully our windshield is here next week, going on two months now..
Took my windshield 1 1/2 weeks. Safelite here in Fayetteville N.C. ordered it when I made my apt. And it’s a mopar shield, not a generic brand. I have all of the advanced technology on my truck/shield

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just want to comment that i just had Safelite replace my windshield and they showed the Mopar OEM windshield was in stock. Looks good, they did a very good job!

porkie

Reaction score
In 4 months of ownership, I ended up with 2 “star” cracks. First one was on the passenger side so a little sealer and it didn’t bother me. But the second was right in my view. I was able to get oem replacement the next day. But 2 cracks in 4 months doesn’t inspire me that I’ll make it to next winter.

U

User_3336

Just want to comment that i just had Safelite replace my windshield and they showed the Mopar OEM windshield was in stock. Looks good, they did a very good job!

My work order states - ELECTROCHROMIC MIRROR~SOLAR~RAM'S HEAD LOGO

Part # DW02458 GTYOEM

Hope its the OEM one (appears to be).

Users who are viewing this thread