5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cost for level kit install?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A custom shop nearby me wants $2600 to order, install balance and align a Rough Country 3.5" lift along with Nitto Ridge Grapplers on the stock wheels. Not sure about that price in terms of deal or not.
Not a very good deal. The kit is $500. Tires $1200. That's $900 for labor. I can get the 6" lift + install for $1800 at one of my local shops.

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
Not a very good deal. The kit is $500. Tires $1200. That's $900 for labor. I can get the 6" lift + install for $1800 at one of my local shops.
Well, the kit is actually $599.95 and the tires are $1408 for the 295/60r20 size. So that puts it a little more than $2000 just for the items. Just not sure if $591 for install, balance and alignment is reasonable. I did find out that tire rotations are free which I thought was somewhat unusual for a custom shop.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, the kit is actually $599.95 and the tires are $1408 for the 295/60r20 size. So that puts it a little more than $2000 just for the items. Just not sure if $591 for install, balance and alignment is reasonable. I did find out that tire rotations are free which I thought was somewhat unusual for a custom shop.

Figure alignment is going to cost you $75-ish, mount and balance a few bucks so sounds like they're charging $500 to install. Instructions note the install at 5-6 hours, I would assume meaning a competent mechanic with correct tools for 5-6 hours. What is your time worth to do it on your own? Sometimes it's easier to pay qualified people, especially when you're talking about your new expensive truck.

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
Figure alignment is going to cost you $75-ish, mount and balance a few bucks so sounds like they're charging $500 to install. Instructions note the install at 5-6 hours, I would assume meaning a competent mechanic with correct tools for 5-6 hours. What is your time worth to do it on your own? Sometimes it's easier to pay qualified people, especially when you're talking about your new expensive truck.

That's what I figured. $100/hour labor for professional work that is warrantied on top of the lifetime rough country warranty doesn't seem bad to me. Plus, like you said, it's a new truck, my first truck. If I had experience working on trucks, I might attempt it myself. This way I can be sure it gets done right and is not a hassle for me. Plus, I'm supporting my local business and the working class.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what I figured. $100/hour labor for professional work that is warrantied on top of the lifetime rough country warranty doesn't seem bad to me. Plus, like you said, it's a new truck, my first truck. If I had experience working on trucks, I might attempt it myself. This way I can be sure it gets done right and is not a hassle for me. Plus, I'm supporting my local business and the working class.

That last line is why I bought my tires and rims locally rather than online. I paid about $100 more but they put them on for me and if I ever have an issue, they take care of it.

JBeckman

Reaction score
I priced around to get the RC 2" level kit installed with alignment. On average it was $400. So I rented a strut coil spring compressor and did both sides, no beer, in 1.5hrs. The dealership cost me $100 for alignment.

Pic below shows what it was pre/post. Basically paid the money for them to tell me it was good. Lol
20181012_134733.jpg

Icecold77

Reaction score
I had the RL UCAs and a top hat spacer installed for $270. Aligned by the best place around $100. Put the wheels and tires on myself.

TA5thGen

Reaction score
It still has the rake. It lifts 2" front and rear. Some people are putting a 2" top spacer on top of that to level it out, but that can leave horrible angles for the suspension components up front, especially on a 4wd.[/QUOTE
With the Mopar lift could you not install the rear coil spacers just the rear shocks and the truck should sit level

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah you could install just the components for the front, as well as the fox shocks in the rear and just leave the coil spacer out. That would be an expensive leveling kit though.

RamRebel19

Reaction score
$1100 for a 2" lift? I paid $971 for the RC 6". Doing the install on my own.

Do you have a link for the 6" RC lift at that price? I keep seeing $1399, even with the 10% military discount, I'm still over that price.

meltedcheez

Reaction score
My local shop not my Ram dealer put on the ReadyLift UCA, and a 2.5in top hat spacer to Level the truck for $275.00.

Did you purchase the UCAs seperately or did they have them in stock? I want to the ReadyLift UCAs only with a MotoFab 2.5 spacer. That will get me to actual level with the rear. Since ReadyLift doesn't have a 2.5" level with UCAs kit.

Twoamen

Reaction score
The truck design doesn't show that much difference on 1/2 to 3/4 inch. Contact readylift they produce the UCA so many at a time. They maybe ready for assembly

Icecold77

Reaction score
Did you purchase the UCAs seperately or did they have them in stock? I want to the ReadyLift UCAs only with a MotoFab 2.5 spacer. That will get me to actual level with the rear. Since ReadyLift doesn't have a 2.5" level with UCAs kit.

No.. I dropped $800 on the whole 3.5in SST kit.. only had the UCAs installed with 2.5 in spacer.. Sold the rest of the kit to a fellow member for peanuts.. At least a fellow member will use what he wants all or parts of it and sell the rest.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
The MotoFab 2.5 in level was 60 bucks on Amazon, custom shop quoted me 300 installed but I ended up doing it myself. FYI, you need an extra hand if doing it yourself...putting the strut back in is a pain. I did not get the alignment as of yet because the new tires will be here Thursday.

no control arm isssues?

Boxxer

Reaction score
I have not changed my UCA's, have had no issues and currently do not plan to.

mwoods269

Reaction score
525.00 with alignment. Keene Dodge in Maryland. Truck guy specializes in lifts and level kits. Was fortunate I found experienced dealer. My local dealer who I purchased 2019 wanted 800.00 plus alignment. Readlift Level kit w/Upper Control Arm.
I had good purchasing experience there as well. I live in New Freedom, PA. Looking to have my 2019 Ram 1500 lifted a bit and was thinking about the RoughCountry 3.5" You happy with the lift kit and Keene?

Users who are viewing this thread