5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cost for level kit install?

Montemike

Reaction score
I've searched high and low. Does anyone know what the dealers are charging to install the mopar leveling kit?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've searched high and low. Does anyone know what the dealers are charging to install the mopar leveling kit?
There is no mopar leveling kit as of now. Only a 2" lift, and I have no idea what they are charging for install. The kit costs about $1100

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer quoted me $990 for the Ready Lift 2" level kit with alignment.

Did it cheaper on my own, with the specific spacers I wanted. They didn't even comprehend what I was talking about.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer quoted me $990 for the Ready Lift 2" level kit with alignment.

Did it cheaper on my own, with the specific spacers I wanted. They didn't even comprehend what I was talking about.
If that includes alignment+the kit that actually isn't too bad. The kit was just over $620 for me after tax and shipping. Alignment was another $100. That puts labor around $270, which isn't too unreasonable. I do wish I would have gotten a 2.5" spacer though.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Add tax to that and the fact that they wouldn't/couldn't understand I wanted the 2.5" spacer and they could toss the 2" to another customer for all I cared. All they went by was the communications of the ridiculous parts guy that is more of an accountant and the shop foreman who just wants to retire, rather than service customers wants/needs.

I find this combo at almost every dealer in town. You have to butter up the service manager to get anything done at any dealer, unless your salesman has pull, which they usually don't once the truck is out the door.

But, I'm glad I did it myself and got my truck the way I want it.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Add tax to that and the fact that they wouldn't/couldn't understand I wanted the 2.5" spacer and they could toss the 2" to another customer for all I cared. All they went by was the communications of the ridiculous parts guy that is more of an accountant and the shop foreman who just wants to retire, rather than service customers wants/needs.

I find this combo at almost every dealer in town. You have to butter up the service manager to get anything done at any dealer, unless your salesman has pull, which they usually don't once the truck is out the door.

But, I'm glad I did it myself and got my truck the way I want it.
I agree I hate having to mess with the dealer for anything. My local dealership is terrible so I avoid them at all costs. I'd much rather do the work myself. All I took it to them for was the alignment afterwards, because my local shop couldn't reset the computer for the new steering angle.

Montemike

Reaction score
Oh. I thought the 2" mopar lift kit was a leveling kit. Does that kit leave the raked stance?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh. I thought the 2" mopar lift kit was a leveling kit. Does that kit leave the raked stance?
It still has the rake. It lifts 2" front and rear. Some people are putting a 2" top spacer on top of that to level it out, but that can leave horrible angles for the suspension components up front, especially on a 4wd.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have mine installed and just left the rake. Dealers around here are charging $600 including alignment for a 6 hour install they say.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have mine installed and just left the rake. Dealers around here are charging $600 including alignment for a 6 hour install they say.
I would imagine they do it a little quicker than that, but that's not too bad of a price for having the dealer do it, plus alignment would be another $100 anyway so not bad.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The dealership that did mine it was their first and my truck was there for 8 hours. They supplied me with a 2018 Silverado while working on mine.

KWRIBoom

Reaction score
I threw the Rough Country level kit on to make the grapplers fit. Refused to go through the dealer due to the high pricing. I got the level installed, alignment and 5 tires mounted/balanced for $480

Last edited:

Boxxer

Reaction score
The MotoFab 2.5 in level was 60 bucks on Amazon, custom shop quoted me 300 installed but I ended up doing it myself. FYI, you need an extra hand if doing it yourself...putting the strut back in is a pain. I did not get the alignment as of yet because the new tires will be here Thursday.

Twoamen

Reaction score
525.00 with alignment. Keene Dodge in Maryland. Truck guy specializes in lifts and level kits. Was fortunate I found experienced dealer. My local dealer who I purchased 2019 wanted 800.00 plus alignment. Readlift Level kit w/Upper Control Arm.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
525.00 with alignment. Keene Dodge in Maryland. Truck guy specializes in lifts and level kits. Was fortunate I found experienced dealer. My local dealer who I purchased 2019 wanted 800.00 plus alignment. Readlift Level kit w/Upper Control Arm.

Did the $800 include the Readylift kit? If so, that is a steal.

Icecold77

Reaction score
My local shop not my Ram dealer put on the ReadyLift UCA, and a 2.5in top hat spacer to Level the truck for $275.00.

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
A custom shop nearby me wants $2600 to order, install balance and align a Rough Country 3.5" lift along with Nitto Ridge Grapplers on the stock wheels. Not sure about that price in terms of deal or not.

Users who are viewing this thread