5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corsa Sport versus Corsa Extreme Catback (Factory vs Sport vs Extreme SOUND CLIPS)

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alright folks, I just finished up my Corsa conversion video series. 1. Corsa intake, 2. Corsa Sport catback, 3. Corsa Extreme catback.

The only difference between the Sport kit and the extreme is the extreme also replaces your front factory mid-pipe with a straight pipe thereby removing the last (non-cat) resonator.

I know a lot of people ask about the differences in sound levels of the factory kit versus the Sport and the extreme so here are some sound clips I filmed. I try to show the sound progression from factory to sport then to the final form, extreme.

The truck is noticeably louder and I LOVE it.

Enjoy!

Joshua022

Reaction score
Love CORSA but worried about annoying my neighbors with my 4:30 cold starts.. I know once they idle down it isn’t that bad, but think I’ll hold off until I can hear one in person.

truck sounds great!

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love CORSA but worried about annoying my neighbors with my 4:30 cold starts.. I know once they idle down it isn’t that bad, but think I’ll hold off until I can hear one in person.

truck sounds great!

Honestly it’s only loud if you’re standing directly behind the truck, on the sides and from, you hardly hear the truck.

Thanks!

doolin64

Reaction score
Great video. I'm definitely in the Corsa camp for sound. How's the drone? It's the reason why I never swap exahausts. My 2013 Ram had such bad drone it scared me off

jimchi

Reaction score
I put a Corsa exhaust on my Pontiac G8 when I had it - it was a 6.0L V8 with cylinder deactivation (AFM). Never had any issues with drone around town or on the highway. There was a slight change when the AFM kicked in, but it was hardly noticeable and not a bad sound anyway. If I were to do an exhaust on the Ram, I would be considering Corsa.

screamin chicken

Reaction score
I put a Corsa exhaust on my Pontiac G8 when I had it - it was a 6.0L V8 with cylinder deactivation (AFM). Never had any issues with drone around town or on the highway. There was a slight change when the AFM kicked in, but it was hardly noticeable and not a bad sound anyway. If I were to do an exhaust on the Ram, I would be considering Corsa.
Ive always wanted a Corsa on my 2000 WS6, but I figured it would be to raspy with the Cam, and tune. so I went with the Magna Flow. I am waiting for the Corsa Sport for my Ram , I have to wait until it is made, March 23rd, it is still a long wait.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive always wanted a Corsa on my 2000 WS6, but I figured it would be to raspy with the Cam, and tune. so I went with the Magna Flow. I am waiting for the Corsa Sport for my Ram , I have to wait until it is made, March 23rd, it is still a long wait.

But totally worth it!

Red_Ram

Reaction score
Just ordered Corsa sport cat-back exhaust for my Ram. Doesn’t have the front resonator so didn’t see reason to buy midpipe. can’t wait to hear her come to life. Stock exhaust is a disappointment

Joshua022

Reaction score
Just ordered Corsa sport cat-back exhaust for my Ram. Doesn’t have the front resonator so didn’t see reason to buy midpipe. can’t wait to hear her come to life. Stock exhaust is a disappointment
Sounds great, but I kind of wish it was louder. Ill add headers once tuning support is out, to get a bit more noise from it.

Sdc1213

Reaction score
Just ordered the Corsa exhaust. I have a resonated midpipe and non-resonated. I can't figure out which midpipe to use. When adding the non-resonated midpipe does it make the cabin noise a lot louder while cruising? This is for a daily driven truck that at times goes on long vacations. Thanks.

Joshua022

Reaction score
Just ordered the Corsa exhaust. I have a resonated midpipe and non-resonated. I can't figure out which midpipe to use. When adding the non-resonated midpipe does it make the cabin noise a lot louder while cruising? This is for a daily driven truck that at times goes on long vacations. Thanks.
my 21' doesnt have resonated midpipe and you will have zero drone. CORSA is the best for a reason.

ais122

Reaction score
Just reviving this thread. Just placed an order for the Sport. From what I hear (or don't) the inside cabin sounds incredibly quiet if driving as a daily driver which is awesome... can someone confirm this? From the outside perspective, I'm curious how loud this is. I'm hoping the Sport has a good low end sound without being so loud that you're going to hear this 2 blocks away while creeping into a neighborhood. If anyone has any insights, can you provide input? Thanks!

Lufty

Banned
Reaction score
My first impression after install was I thought that inside the cab was quieter than the stock exhaust. It’s definitely not too loud normal driving or towing but you’ll be able to tell there’s a Corsa system on it. There’s no change in tone when mds kicks in either or drone. My wife drives a Grand Cherokee 5.7 and her Corsa is a little louder inside and out being true duals with a X-pipe but same with hers no mds tone change or drone and not too loud.

Last edited:

doolin64

Reaction score
This makes me sad...I ordered my Corsa on June 18th. Guess who still doesn't have his order? The site I bought it from has a chrome tip one in stock, but not the black tips that I have on order. ugh.

Klicht87

Reaction score
I've ordered from justboltons.com and performancetruckproducts.com Both excellent companies and good prices.

Marty.Z

Reaction score

truck sounds great!
I just installed mine tonight and honestly wasn't too impressed. I was expecting a lot more. I'll be upgrading to the extreme version here shortly. Hopefully it's a bit better.

Brooklyn 22 laramie

Reaction score
I just installed mine tonight and honestly wasn't too impressed. I was expecting a lot more. I'll be upgrading to the extreme version here shortly. Hopefully it's a bit better.
I was disappointed in mine as well. Looks like my 22 doesn’t have a resonated mid pipe. But its definitely very quiet i have the sport on my 21 denali and it sounds wayyyy better looked to be all the same visually. Im looking at the awe ofg but waiting to see what people think

Users who are viewing this thread