5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corroding exhaust hanger brackets

gpbst3

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with the exhaust hanger bracket corroding and breaking? The driver side went last last year and I just ordered a new right side yesterday.

2019 with 48k miles. Southwest PA. Nothing else under the truck shows any excessive rust/corrosion. IMG_7307.jpeg

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine are cast aluminum. Were these steel at some point?

Or are you actually talking about the actual mount on the truck?

gpbst3

Reaction score
Mine are cast aluminum. Were these steel at some point?

Or are you actually talking about the actual mount on the truck?
Im not sure what they are made of. Its the highlighted part in my pic. Both side have corroded inside the rubber bushing. I say corroded because there is no rust. I will get a picture later.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Im not sure what they are made of. Its the highlighted part in my pic. Both side have corroded inside the rubber bushing. I say corroded because there is no rust. I will get a picture later.
They are cast aluminum, mine have surface oxidation on them but nothing serious as of yet.

PetePA

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with the exhaust hanger bracket corroding and breaking? The driver side went last last year and I just ordered a new right side yesterday.

2019 with 48k miles. Southwest PA. Nothing else under the truck shows any excessive rust/corrosion. View attachment 182672
I saw the title of this thread and my first question was...I wonder if he lives in PA?

Idk what crap we put on the roads here in winter, but it ate up my concrete slab after I parked my car on the slab after driving it during winter.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have replaced a few for customers. Some just rot away quicker than others.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m guessing the aluminum reacts with the metal causing corrosion.

gpbst3

Reaction score
IMG_7360.jpeg
What’s left of the little nub was inside the rubber grommet

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online