5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooling fan failed off road

dsn112

Reaction score
Fun time yesterday! Was on the beach, driving in some soft sand, got the check engine, then overheating warning light. Parked the truck and truck was smoking, and coolant pouring out all over the beach. code says cooling fan control circuit failed. Luckily I had enough water to get fill the tank and get off the beach an back home! Def was not a good feeling on a fairly new truck, especially when a beach tow is big $$$.

4cecd416ec445434cbca12c5e4241482.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Fun time yesterday! Was on the beach, driving in some soft sand, got the check engine, then overheating warning light. Parked the truck and truck was smoking, and coolant pouring out all over the beach. code says cooling fan control circuit failed. Luckily I had enough water to get fill the tank and get off the beach an back home! Def was not a good feeling on a fairly new truck, especially when a beach tow is big $$$.

I sincerely apologize that this happened to you, @dsn112. If you work with your dealer to address this, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message for an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

dsn112

Reaction score
I sincerely apologize that this happened to you, @dsn112. If you work with your dealer to address this, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message for an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

Thanks, I’ll hope they find something. I actually pulled the battery negative terminal for 15 minutes and now it’s working. Makes no sense

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll hope they find something. I actually pulled the battery negative terminal for 15 minutes and now it’s working. Makes no sense

I certainly understand your sentiments. Please be sure to keep us posted!

Mark
RamCares

Ramtrx

Reaction score
Where was the coolent pouring out of? I’d be pissed too being a new truck.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please let us know what you find out. Did you have any heater hose mods done?

dsn112

Reaction score
It seems like it boiled up and came out the overflow. Not sure how much I lost honestly because the sand absorbed it.

I was pissed. They are doing a PCM update and a coolant flush right now.

No heater hose mod/ AC hack done.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sucks man. Hopefully everything checks out ok after the flush.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's nice to know the PCM will turn off the cooling fan and commit suicide without a patch. That's some quality programming there.

dsn112

Reaction score
It's completely absurd, but hopefully I am good now. Gonna roll with a gallon of water in the truck on any road trip from now on like its the 60s.

Users who are viewing this thread