5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coolant tank level? UPDATE!

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I was looking in the coolant tank and wondering "how the heck to you check the level on this thing" so I look in the manual and see some kind of pull up funnel/dip stick thing?
My 2019 Rebel does not seem to have that. Did the factory forget something or the dealer when checking out the fluid levels when they put it through the pre-delivery forget it on the techs. workbench?

So I texted My salesman, sent him the picture from the manual and he said he would talk to a tech. After that he went to the parts dept, got the dipstick and sent it to me! This guy gets brownie points from me!

Last edited:

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I was looking in the coolant tank and wondering "how the heck to you check the level on this thing" so I look in the manual and see some kind of pull up funnel/dip stick thing?
My 2019 Rebel does not seem to have that. Did the factory forget something or the dealer when checking out the fluid levels when they put it through the pre-delivery forget it on the techs. workbench?
You are missing the white plastic piece?

dipstick.jpg
dipstick2.jpg

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi Kicker,

I'm sorry to hear this! I kindly recommend following up with your selling dealer on this as they will be in the best position to provide assistance. If you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer our team is just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi Kicker,

I'm sorry to hear this! I kindly recommend following up with your selling dealer on this as they will be in the best position to provide assistance. If you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer our team is just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

Thanks Mark. All set, see updated first post.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks Mark. All set, see updated first post.

Glad to hear your dealer was able to take care of you, @Kicker! Please do not hesitate to reach out should you ever need assistance down the road.

Mark
RamCares

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure mine doesn't have one. I was wondering how to determine the proper level. I'll have to look again today. Thanks for the info.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was low when I bought it. Dealer told me if the coolant light is on it would be a warranty item that they would look at for free. If not, I had to pay. It was not on so I ended up just going over to the parts counter and overpaying for a gallon of 50/50 for the truck.

It was way more expensive to go this route but it's the same stuff in the truck, I don't expect the level to go down much (if at all) after I top it off, and it's in one bottle in my garage ready to go.

Users who are viewing this thread