5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coolant - Prestone "All make, all model"

dork17

Reaction score
I noticed that my coolant reservoir is nearly empty. Popped the rad cap off, and rad is full. The reservoir dipstick is dry, but the reservoir appears to be quite small. Has anyone used the "all make, all model" jug of prestone for topping up your coolant? The specs of the coolant say that it is compatible with existing OAT coolant. However, searching the forums, people seem quite adamant on ONLY using Mopar coolant. Thing is, that stuff is nearly 80 bucks a jug where I am. And my top off will only be about a quart, give or take.

Curious what others experiences are with the prestone, if any.

Amazing93

Reaction score
Mopar explicitly states do not use the type of coolant that says it's safe to mix with any coolant. Not sure where you are located but mopar oat is on Amazon for about 25 bucks a gallon with free prime shipping.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I noticed that my coolant reservoir is nearly empty. Popped the rad cap off, and rad is full. The reservoir dipstick is dry, but the reservoir appears to be quite small. Has anyone used the "all make, all model" jug of prestone for topping up your coolant? The specs of the coolant say that it is compatible with existing OAT coolant. However, searching the forums, people seem quite adamant on ONLY using Mopar coolant. Thing is, that stuff is nearly 80 bucks a jug where I am. And my top off will only be about a quart, give or take.

Curious what others experiences are with the prestone, if any.
Hi,
For the optimal efficiency and fuctioning of the vehicle, we recommend using Mopar coolant. You can also contact your dealership in getting it upto recomended levels.
Sylvia
Ram Cares

dork17

Reaction score
Mopar explicitly states do not use the type of coolant that says it's safe to mix with any coolant. Not sure where you are located but mopar oat is on Amazon for about 25 bucks a gallon with free prime shipping.
Thank you. We get hosed a bit more in Canada, even on Amazon, but I'll suck it up!

dork17

Reaction score
Hi,
For the optimal efficiency and fuctioning of the vehicle, we recommend using Mopar coolant. You can also contact your dealership in getting it upto recomended levels.
Sylvia
Ram Cares
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online