5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Constant freezing UConnect

Reaction score
2020 BH with 8.4Nav. Every so often (more-so in the cold weather in seems), my Uconnect will completely freeze upon startup. I've punched in my VIN on the Uconnect site and it says I'm up to date, however accurate that is. The system resets itself after 30 seconds or so of being frozen, and this either solves the issue or it takes two or three of these resets to correct the issue. The display will still show up and the radio will play, I just can't interact with it at all. I can't turn the volume down with the knob, although I CAN turn on my heated seats/wheel with the physical buttons. I haven't seen any threads regarding this so figured I'd see if anyone else was experiencing a similar issue. Thanks

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would definitely get the dealer involved...as that is not at all normal. Perhaps a wipe and reinstall of the OS and application software. Could be a bad unit too. Also, touch base with @RamCares. In my experience, their involvement usually helps at the dealer. YRMV.

Users who are viewing this thread