5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Console color on Sport Package

gatesb77

Reaction score
Mine is a Laramie sport and is the same color as OP. On the Ram IG page, they have a 3500 limited with this trim that looks way better.

Wow that does look much better. My Laramie sport console trim is the same as OP as well. I thought I would hate it but it’s not too bad and is something I can live with. But geesh that trim in the 3500 Limited is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow that does look much better. My Laramie sport console trim is the same as OP as well. I thought I would hate it but it’s not too bad and is something I can live with. But geesh that trim in the 3500 Limited is nice.

Limited 1500 has the same trim as the 3500.

tcrutch

Reaction score
Has anyone changed out this trim yet? I have the Laramie black interior but the trim is gold. It needs to go.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same color as the original OP.

It's pretty messed up to me because if you take a look at this marketing photo from RAM it clearly shows a grey color that matches the rest of the trim. I don't have a hard copy of a RAM brochure, but I'm guessing it is the same or similar picture. Everything else in this picture looks exactly like my truck.

laramie_interior.jpg

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t like that trim piece color, but not to the point of dismantling the interior to change it. I’d be afraid my quiet interior will pop and rattle after reassembly.

I think a vinyl wrap is the way to go here, and I have a low tech and a high tech way in mind to go about it. I’ll gladly share if I succeed.

But first, need to check the adhesion of the film on this texture. Has anyone gone that far yet?

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t like that trim piece color, but not to the point of dismantling the interior to change it. I’d be afraid my quiet interior will pop and rattle after reassembly.

I think a vinyl wrap is the way to go here, and I have a low tech and a high tech way in mind to go about it. I’ll gladly share if I succeed.

But first, need to check the adhesion of the film on this texture. Has anyone gone that far yet?

The more I look at it the more it bugs me. Hoythews71 in another thread wrapped it in a carbon fiber look 3M “leather”. Looks much better.

Post #9

LoRAM

Reaction score
I partially chose my wheels to complement this color on the interior trim, I’m surprised it had gone unnoticed by so many!

Attachments

• 780300CE-F603-4E74-92E4-87C1C1F7DD26.jpeg
    780300CE-F603-4E74-92E4-87C1C1F7DD26.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 48

Xmetal

Reaction score

I’m wondering how feasible it would be to wrap without taking everything apart.

Users who are viewing this thread