5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Console color on Sport Package

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys. Why is it that the whole interior is black except that odd silver/gold trim around the dash console? Has anyone found a way to make it black besides trying to take it apart and painting it? Can we order black ones?

Attachments

• 15DF470F-D056-477F-A56D-C44654381FE0.jpeg
    15DF470F-D056-477F-A56D-C44654381FE0.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 277

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Hey guys. Why is it that the whole interior is black except that odd silver/gold trim around the dash console? Has anyone found a way to make it black besides trying to take it apart and painting it? Can we order black ones?

I have a Granite Crystal Sport and the surround is dark gray/black like the rest of the dash so it's certainly available. What color is your interior? It kind of looks like your seats are two tone, but all I can see is a little bit of the seat and the piping...

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Granite Crystal Sport and the surround is dark gray/black like the rest of the dash so it's certainly available. What color is your interior? It kind of looks like your seats are two tone, but all I can see is a little bit of the seat and the piping...
Mine is black crystal sport too. Every single one I’ve ever seen is the same as mine.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The 4th Gens were a problem as they put chrome all over the center dash and as soon as the sun hit it you were blinded. I went to my local decal place and got a left over piece of carbon fiber decal material(free) and put in on there to subdue the sunlight, had it on there for 5 years than traded it in. Did its job.

Barney556180

Reaction score
My Ivory White Laramie with Sport package has the black interior and same trim and seat piping. Never noticed ‘till now...

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Ivory White Laramie with Sport package has the black interior and same trim and seat piping. Never noticed ‘till now...

I like the seat piping, but wish the trim was maybe billet, brushed aluminum, or matching the black above the nav screen.

DM-SC

Reaction score
My Laramie w/Sport package is the as yours.

I just figured they picked a color that worked with all the interior colors.

I agree, it looks odd in the all black interior.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Laramie w/Sport package is the as yours.

I just figured they picked a color that worked with all the interior colors.

I agree, it looks odd in the all black interior.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yeah I don’t hate it, but I wish it was black or carbon or something. Even billet or brushed aluminum would look better.

TireSlayer

Reaction score
Mine is a Laramie sport and is the same color as OP. On the Ram IG page, they have a 3500 limited with this trim that looks way better.

Attachments

• 20190430_120051.jpg
    20190430_120051.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 128

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
Yes its a Lamarie trim level thing. I have the Sport as well in Black and I wish it was a different color

Saints

Reaction score
Has anyone pulled the radio? I’m curious how easy it would be to swap it out for the limited trim, if you could even buy that trim alone.

Shanesrt8

Reaction score
my laramie level 1 sport with black interior has the same color radio trim. It just seems out of place especially since some of the other trim has a carbon fiber design.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone pulled the radio? I’m curious how easy it would be to swap it out for the limited trim, if you could even buy that trim alone.

It wouldn’t be hard at all. The problem is that the Limited models all have the 12” screen and a lot of us Laramie guys have the 8.4 Nav. It will be different from pieces I think.

Users who are viewing this thread