5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting Ram to a personal hotspot

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Am I able to connect the Ram to my personal hotspot on my iPhone?

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
No. But the vice is true if you have your truck connected to a data plan. I think it comes with 3 GB but you have to add it to a data plan if you want to use it as a hotspot for your devices.

U

User_3336

The cellular modem in the truck acts as a hotspot if you have a subscription. I am not sure what function you are trying to achieve by attaching the truck to your Iphone's hotspot.

The hotspot in the Ram's go thru AT&T.

The initial trial is 3 months or 1GB.

After that, an unlimited "car connected" plan is $25.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if it was the last software update or having my phone automatically connect with bluetooth all of the time, but now when I am searching for an address with the Navigation it says searching Online vs before when it would always say searching Offline.

vdemarco

Reaction score
it would be great if i could get the truck to connect to the hotspot on my phone. i have free cell in my phone (work pays). the hardware is all there. it could get updates, online nav searches etc.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if it was the last software update or having my phone automatically connect with bluetooth all of the time, but now when I am searching for an address with the Navigation it says searching Online vs before when it would always say searching Offline.

It's supposed to be like that from beginning but because the the bug is software it never work, recently software update fixed that issue.

Users who are viewing this thread