5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color match Line-x

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just checked and they can do any colors, but mainly suggest only (4)..

PorBoy

Reaction score
I was really interested in doing Billet silver to match mine. For now I have the BedRug XL.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have used Line-X since 1997 on all of my trucks...they have the best product on the market. The two main ones are Line-X and Rhino but, after all the research I've done, Line-X comes out way ahead from a product perspective. Great choice @gijoe4983 and looks great!

PorBoy

Reaction score
Well you folks have me sold. As soon as I’m able to drop this truck off, I’m having that done.

gijoe4983

Reaction score
I have used Line-X since 1997 on all of my trucks...they have the best product on the market. The two main ones are Line-X and Rhino but, after all the research I've done, Line-X comes out way ahead from a product perspective. Great choice @gijoe4983 and looks great!
I had Line-x on my 2003 and 2012 Dodge/Rams, but had only done the basic black... never disappointed except for not getting the color match, so I sprung for it this time.

Chuck19

Reaction score
I looked into Line X but in my area they want over $700 that is not color matched but the UV resistant option. The last time I had it done it was $450 granted it was 5 years ago but still I think it’s too much. I never had any issues with it though and was pretty happy with the performance. I think I am going to opt for the bed rug this time like Porboy and see how that works for half the price and a more friendly surface for my little ones when we go on a trip and they crawl around in the bed or eat lunch in there etc but the color match does look good!

Jako

Reaction score
I looked into Line X but in my area they want over $700 that is not color matched but the UV resistant option. The last time I had it done it was $450 granted it was 5 years ago but still I think it’s too much. I never had any issues with it though and was pretty happy with the performance. I think I am going to opt for the bed rug this time like Porboy and see how that works for half the price and a more friendly surface for my little ones when we go on a trip and they crawl around in the bed or eat lunch in there etc but the color match does look good!
Plus if it's a lease or decide to sell or upgrade to a similar newer model the bed rug can be moved or sold for another $$$$ savings. My understanding is aftermarket upgrades/accessories do not get a good return on resale. If you put in line-x and sell the truck 5 years later is there some dollar return? I think line-x is a great product, but there are plenty of options based on your needs and budget.

My 2001 Dodge 1500 SLT's bed is in fine shape. It has a bed mat and has always been covered with an Extang snap cover. I use an over sized old pool cover folded over when I'm moving dirt, concrete and gravel. If I did it everyday I'd probably go for the line-x.

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
Looks great! Was a pain for me to get to a dealer near me so ended up with a Bullet Liner, but can’t go wrong with Line X for sure.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea for that price I could go buy my own compressor and order a raptor liner kit, tint and spray it my self and save money. Think that will be the route I end up going. Then I can spray my running boards whenever I get them.

highgear2005

Reaction score
Looks like a good choice! Since my truck is white I just had them spray it black. Then covered it with a rubber mat. Learned years ago spry In liners don’t like anything thrown on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online