5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold air intake

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use a drop in and have changed out the throttle body with a Fastman throttle body. stock air box is as cold as you are going to get without insulating the piping, or spending stupid money on the stock Ram air. most intakes give you noise and heat soak. and barely any bang. But the fast man throttle body will be felt, and is very nice. So for my 400$ intake, or throttle body, my money was spent better on the throttle body. you wont regret it. AND it is a mopar original part!
Nice! I've been wondering if it's worth upgrading the throttle body on the Ram...usually it's something I'd do on a muscle or sports car.

Alptbird

Reaction score
Get any change in sound out of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really? With my stock air box and a drop in, inside the truck there really isn't any sound change. Outside there maaaay be a touch, but sounds stock to me with added punch when driving. almost like having a pedal commander but without all the electronic junk you have to take off when going back to the dealer. mine is an 84mm version up from stock 80mm if you are runing mostly N/A then the 84 is all you need. bigger doesn't help. you loose torque if you go too big.

327V8Hemi2020

Reaction score
YOU GUYS THINK THE SRT TEAM AT DODGE ENGINEERING SPENT ALL THAT MONEY JUST FOR SOMETHING TO LOOK PRETTY UNDER THE HOOD…..I GUESS MOST ON HERE NEVER DROVE A SRT MOTOR BEFORE….EVEN THE TRX HAS THIS TYPE OF INTAKE AND GETS AIR FROM THE HOOD SCOOP TOO…..NOT ONLYY DO THEY LOOK AWESOME BUT THE FIRST TIME YOU SMASH IT YOU’LL DEFINITELY FEEL THE DIFFERENCE….

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whenever floats your boats, and whatever you wish to believe to justify your purchase go for it. Your money leave it at that. No need to type in caps to justify that.

I’m sure it does something mostly for the buttdyno, doubt you’ll will ever notice the difference in everyday real life driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

327V8Hemi2020

Reaction score
I felt the pickup from the first time I got on it…..this isn’t my first rodeo with COLD AIR INTAKES….I’ve had them all on my last 3 5.7 motors….

Users who are viewing this thread