5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold air intake

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Which aftermarket CAI are you using? What are the pros and cons you have run into and what gains have you noticed?

josh

Reaction score
I got a vararam I noticed a bit more power. Mostly the little bit of throttle response. It also made the engine a little louder And it looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I got a vararam I noticed a bit more power. Mostly the little bit of throttle response. It also made the engine a little louder And it looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I do know that's one of the more bang for your buck products

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think there is already another loooong thread asking the same .. and we all replied ..
I'm using the RAMAIR myself

Redwings1391

Reaction score
I’ve got the afe, had k&n’s on just about everything since I was 16, I don’t notice the sounds of this one as much, maybe just a tad more peppy. I’d say in conjunction with other mods you will like it

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m all for everyone doing what they want on their truck.
Fyi, I’ve been talking with a rep hemi tuner for last few weeks. All depending on what Fca is going to do with my truck. Talked about cam options and opinions to fix my problem if they don’t & on set up(s)down road. Gave me a list of support mods to get till then, none were air intakes. When I asked- said 5th gens stock works well. Just food for though, or fuel for fire. Lol Take it As you will.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I’m all for everyone doing what they want on their truck.
Fyi, I’ve been talking with a rep hemi tuner for last few weeks. All depending on what Fca is going to do with my truck. Talked about cam options and opinions to fix my problem if they don’t & on set up(s)down road. Gave me a list of support mods to get till then, none were air intakes. When I asked- said 5th gens stock works well. Just food for though, or fuel for fire. Lol Take it As you will.
So pretty much you're saying the stock setup is good enough and the most that should be done with it is an aftermarket filter drop in?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So pretty much you're saying the stock setup is good enough and the most that should be done with it is an aftermarket filter drop in?

Yes, but I wanted the look of the RAMAIR, "just because" :)
Stock is technically CAI - see the various threads discussing this.

MF2020

Reaction score
Ram Air for me too. Just love the look. No better performance noticed than the K&N filter but again, love the look. Now what to do with that big empty space where the old filter box was? LOL

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
My Vararam intake and Moe's Performance 87mm throttle body are in the garage waiting to be installed! Just gotta get some extra time...hopefully this weekend.

RodRow

Reaction score
I had the AFE CAI on mine for a while, but sold it. No real difference in response or mileage, but made the truck louder (which the wife didn’t appreciate). Pulled my carbon filter + dropped in the KN aftermarket and could not be happier. ;)

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I had the AFE CAI on mine for a while, but sold it. No real difference in response or mileage, but made the truck louder (which the wife didn’t appreciate). Pulled my carbon filter + dropped in the KN aftermarket and could not be happier. ;)
I just put the AEM drop on filter today and removed the carbon filter. Liking it so far

Last edited:

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram Air for me too. Just love the look. No better performance noticed than the K&N filter but again, love the look. Now what to do with that big empty space where the old filter box was? LOL
Once I get my Ram Air Filter in and installed I'm going to put an second battery in that big empty space to handle extra accessories on the truck. (daschcam, Off-Road LED lights, Winch, etc.) Another reason that I went this route. I could not find a location for a second battery without removing the stock air box.

MF2020

Reaction score
Once I get my Ram Air Filter in and installed I'm going to put an second battery in that big empty space to handle extra accessories on the truck. (daschcam, Off-Road LED lights, Winch, etc.) Another reason that I went this route. I could not find a location for a second battery without removing the stock air box.
SO... did you ever put the extra battery in and what does it look like? Photos? I want to do the same thing

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I started a separate thread about the battery.

I have ordered the parts and will post the install on this thread.

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Anyone have sound clips of the ramair? I checked YouTube and couldn’t find any clips, only install videos.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have sound clips of the ramair? I checked YouTube and couldn’t find any clips, only install videos.
It is not much louder than the stock intake, so there is really not much to record. :unsure:

I have had several cold air intakes (CAI) over the years and the Ram Airflow is the quietest but best performing of all that I have purchased and used in the past. (y):cool:

Users who are viewing this thread