5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coin holder - useful or stupid?

cwford

Reaction score
Title says it all - Does anyone actually use this thing?

<Rant>
Why is there a spot for half-dollars? I would bet that I haven't seen a half dollar in circulation in 10+ years. And why are the coins slots ordered by size instead of value? Dimes after pennies really?
</Rant>

heydre

Reaction score
Ordered by size probably so that coins are grabbable instead of being stuck between two larger diameter coins. For me...only coins that matter to use are quarters and I keep a roll of them in my car (a cylindrical M&Ms container) for emergencies or little purchases when I forget my wallet.

GAscooter

Reaction score
In my old truck I kept coins loose in a tray in the console. I like having them organized in the holder. I haven't found a use for the half dollar size, but I expect the newest one dollar coins might fit.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like it a bit better than the 4th gen spring loaded coin holder... except it's dated, pennies? Canada doesn't even use pennies anymore! lol

cipherbreak

Reaction score
The last slot is not for half dollars :LOL:, it is for dollar coins.

I find it very useful, compared to the random cubby that gets used for change on other cars.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In my old truck I kept coins loose in a tray in the console. I like having them organized in the holder. I haven't found a use for the half dollar size, but I expect the newest one dollar coins might fit.

I have moved the same coins from truck to truck over the last 5-6 years. Don’t know why I keep it but I have coins in every slot.

Ps the largest one can still hold quarters, I doubled up.

habfan

Reaction score
The last slot is not for half dollars :LOL:, it is for dollar coins.

I find it very useful, compared to the random cubby that gets used for change on other cars.

I’d find it useful if the other family members wouldn’t raid my coin stash for coffee and whatever else they are looking to buy... except they seem to leave the nickels and dimes...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it will be nice when I visit back home (toll road) .. other than that, I don't use it (so far)

It gets used as often as the CD player...

Hey! I loaded one today - just to make sure it works :)
I'm also testing out the USB ports too! Appears this rig has 3 (2 up front and 1 rear console) - I'll rebuild my SSD drive and see if I can mount it where the 2nd non-charging cell spot is and cable it up to the USB.

Attachments

• 1564249146660.png
    1564249146660.png
    1 MB · Views: 169

Repsol69

Reaction score
it will be nice when I visit back home (toll road) .. other than that, I don't use it (so far)

Hey! I loaded one today - just to make sure it works :)
I'm also testing out the USB ports too! Appears this rig has 3 (2 up front and 1 rear console) - I'll rebuild my SSD drive and see if I can mount it where the 2nd non-charging cell spot is and cable it up to the USB.
Hows that wireless charger working....Fast.??? Is it worth installing? My Bighorn didn't come with one

Users who are viewing this thread