5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codes B1834, B182C, B2312

chronorp

Reaction score
78bf0acb1e5051b81082f81776b7e086.jpg

Anybody had experience with these codes? 2022 RAM 1500 Limited, 1100 miles. Not much online about them.

The dealer I got it from installs a “security system” on all their cars, which is tapped into the harnesses in the driver under dash area with several T taps (as seen in pics) and bypasses one wire (circled in red in pic), likely for an ignition kill switch or something. I removed it, because it’s BS, removed the T taps, insulated the tapped areas with electrical tape, and soldered the one bypassed wire back together.

I suspect the codes have to do with something the dealer did during installation but not sure where to start. All but one of the wires were just tapped. The cut wire I repaired, not sure how it could be shorted to ground.

For what it’s worth, I’m not actually having any problems with the doors locking/unlocking and the wipers work fine. No CEL. I discovered the codes because I bought a BlueDriver and wanted to try it out.
367b8cb509431835f7a7b67f8225f900.jpg

bb00fa45d9e2d55403bbcd17bb8137ee.jpg

Bullcycles

Reaction score
Did you clear the codes and see if they come back up again? Looks like they should have diode isolated the lock unlock circuit on the alarm module they installed

chronorp

Reaction score
Did you clear the codes and see if they come back up again?

Yes. I was sure at first that the codes were probably thrown when I was removing the installed thing and repairing the one wire, or while the dealer was doing whatever that hack job was. However, I cleared them and they came back.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are the door locks working? The diag isn't hard.

Attachments

• b182c.pdf
    214 KB · Views: 8

chronorp

Reaction score
You have a case of the gremlins.... are the codes active or stored?

Yeah it’s odd, everything works great. The BlueDriver app didn’t say exactly, it said “CONFIRMED,” but that’s it. I did clear the codes and they showed up again on the next scan, maybe they failed to clear or something, I’ll have to try again. I’m traveling for a couple days so can’t try at the moment.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
maybe this

might take it to another dealer have it fixed under warranty

chronorp

Reaction score
maybe this

might take it to another dealer have it fixed under warranty

Yeah I suspect it wouldn’t be covered since it’s not a factory issue. From what I’ve found the wiper and door lock circuits are on separate fuses/circuits up until the BCM, which is right in the area where the dealer messed around. So I’m going to unplug all the harnesses, inspect for a problem, and see if I can find the issue. Will report back this weekend.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Yeah I suspect it wouldn’t be covered since it’s not a factory issue. From what I’ve found the wiper and door lock circuits are on separate fuses/circuits up until the BCM, which is right in the area where the dealer messed around. So I’m going to unplug all the harnesses, inspect for a problem, and see if I can find the issue. Will report back this weekend.
i would not say what you did and claim it is a factory issue

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah it’s odd, everything works great. The BlueDriver app didn’t say exactly, it said “CONFIRMED,” but that’s it. I did clear the codes and they showed up again on the next scan, maybe they failed to clear or something, I’ll have to try again. I’m traveling for a couple days so can’t try at the moment.
When you are trying to clear the codes, are you using a security gateway bypass? Only powertrain codes can be cleared without bypassing the security gateway.

chronorp

Reaction score
When you are trying to clear the codes, are you using a security gateway bypass? Only powertrain codes can be cleared without bypassing the security gateway.

You know, I’m not sure and that’s an excellent thought. I was using the BlueDriver app and it gave me the option to clear the codes (you can see it in the pic I posted), which I did. But maybe the security gateway module prevented them from being cleared. Any way to differentiate between the code coming back and it not being cleared in the first place?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You know, I’m not sure and that’s an excellent thought. I was using the BlueDriver app and it gave me the option to clear the codes (you can see it in the pic I posted), which I did. But maybe the security gateway module prevented them from being cleared. Any way to differentiate between the code coming back and it not being cleared in the first place?
If the only thing you are plugging in is the bluedriver interface straight into the OBD port, then you are not clearing the faults in the first place.
You need a bypass cable, such as this:

chronorp

Reaction score

Thank you! Ordered it—coming Saturday. Will report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/