5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clunk on start up and some ticks afterwards.

Duran

Reaction score
Whats up guys just got my 2020 ram 1500 5.7 hemi. Right after start up i hear a thud. Done some reading and they say it has to do with brake being pressed. Also after there are some "tink" noises. Any thoughts. Every bit of advice would be appreciated . I tried to post the video but check it out on my you tube channel @ desertstyle . Thanks guys

Furts905

Reaction score
Exact same thing happens to my 2020 1500 5.7 sometimes, doesn’t happen all the time and it hasn’t changed anything with the performance of the truck.
i would say contact the dealer if it keeps happening or is effecting the performance.

Duran

Reaction score
Exact same thing happens to my 2020 1500 5.7 sometimes, doesn’t happen all the time and it hasn’t changed anything with the performance of the truck.
i would say contact the dealer if it keeps happening or is effecting the performance.
I agree. Been reding alot on these threads. Speaking of light pressing break , the bendix ext. Ill have to do some experiments i suppose also ask the dealer if my software is up to date. Ill post results.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The strange start up noises on mine have gone away since I began removing my foot from the brake pedal the moment it begins to turn over

Quik99oli

Reaction score
Do you have the auto parking break turned on when shifting into park? I shift into neutral, then put parking break on, left off break to let the parking break catch and then shift to park. Mind you this on a decline. The thump when starting up has now disappeared. The load on the tranny was probably the cause of the thump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duran

Reaction score
Do you have the auto parking break turned on when shifting into park? I shift into neutral, then put parking break on, left off break to let the parking break catch and then shift to park. Mind you this on a decline. The thump when starting up has now disappeared. The load on the tranny was probably the cause of the thump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im going to try it today. I just so used to my dart and the manuel cable parking break. This one is electronic.

Users who are viewing this thread