5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clunk in Front end - 21 Laramie

Redstar24

Reaction score
My Laramie with 22” stock wheels developed a nasty clunk in the front end. Dealer replaced stabilizer links and CV shaft. Clinch still there, next is sway bar bushings. Truck has 56,000 miles, which is a lot for a 21 I suppose, it the question is this … is this common? Never seen these things wear out so soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On these trucks, yes. My '21 Rebel had a clunk in the front that was fixed by torqueing the sway bar endlink bolts. At 20k, the clunk is back. I will replace myself with aftermarket as it's either the endlinks or the bushings, or both. Not worth wasting my time at the dealer for factory parts that will fail again in a few thousand miles.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This happened to me as well on the first 200miles on my truck. Fix was re-torquing front ball joints. took 15min for dealership to fix.

drbobvs

Reaction score
My truck with 55K miles did the same thing. It was the sway bar bushings. I replaced them with Energy Suspension Silicone ones. problem solved. Loved them so much I did the rears too, they were only $11 on amazon.

Mo381

Reaction score
My 2019 has 52k miles and had a clunk/rattle going over bumps occasionally. I replaced both front and rear bushings with the moog bushings. The noise is much better but still noticable on rare bumps. I had the truck at the dealership a couple weeks ago and they said the links were ok. I am not sure what my next move will be but atleast the noise is not near as bad.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My Laramie with 22” stock wheels developed a nasty clunk in the front end. Dealer replaced stabilizer links and CV shaft. Clinch still there, next is sway bar bushings. Truck has 56,000 miles, which is a lot for a 21 I suppose, it the question is this … is this common? Never seen these things wear out so soon!

Hey there,

We really regret to see this. If you're still needing assistance with your truck, please reach out to us via direct messaging. We'd like to see if we can't get you some additional help.

Callie
Ram Cares

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have had this happening since i got the truck …. i just ignored it. … but its gotten louder and im at 44k miles and about to do a switch on bushings

Kamper

Reaction score
sway bar end links from OEM are junk. Look at the SuspensionMaxx - will solve the problem long turn and bushing are easy/cheap to replace which is something you can NOT do w OEM. Even the "updated" Mopar end links while may provide some relief - dont appear will be great long term.

Julio13

Reaction score
My truck with 55K miles did the same thing. It was the sway bar bushings. I replaced them with Energy Suspension Silicone ones. problem solved. Loved them so much I did the rears too, they were only $11 on amazon.

Do you have the link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online