5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CLOSED: Ram Shuts Down Reservations For 1500 REV Electric Pickup!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

CLOSED: Ram Shuts Down Reservations For 1500 REV Electric Pickup!​

Reservation Are Halted Only After Being Active For 5 Days...​

1676915402963.png

Ram’s decision to close reservations for its upcoming 2025 Ram 1500 REV pickup truck just five days after opening order books could be seen as a positive sign for the company, indicating strong demand for its electric truck. However, without knowing the exact number of reservations made, it’s difficult to gauge just how popular the 1500 REV is with consumers.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
He said many things. One of which is "There's a sucker born every minute", however, he also said "Fortune always favors the brave, and never helps a man who does not help himself.”

John Jensen

Reaction score
He said many things. One of which is "There's a sucker born every minute", however, he also said "Fortune always favors the brave, and never helps a man who does not help himself.”
I don't see how what he said applies to the people who signed up for the REV. The sign-up only makes you available for a place in line when the preorder process becomes available. And the 100.00 charge for that privilege is fully refundable at any time. Why would you refer those who sign up to be suckers?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't see how what he said applies to the people who signed up for the REV. The sign-up only makes you available for a place in line when the preorder process becomes available. And the 100.00 charge for that privilege is fully refundable at any time. Why would you refer those who sign up to be suckers?
Haha...privilege. Anyway, I might have posted that before I had my morning coffee on a Monday morning. Apologies to anyone who signed up for this and felt slighted by my comment. I really have no issues with anyone who wants one. More power to you (pun intended).

So many reasons why I wouldn't sign up to reserve, let alone purchase one of the first to be produced. I'm not on on-board with BEV's to replace ICE powered vehicles by mandate, so I'm not at all excited about the hype behind the Rev.

BTW, the $100 is refundable until the time they start producing them. After that you lose it if you don't purchase one. Or so I've read. I didn't actually read the agreement though so take that with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

smashweights

Reaction score
I was seriously considering signing up but while I love my 2019 I think I'll wait a model year or two into the REV especially considering FCA has very little experience in EVs so far. But definitely the best looking of the EV trucks and housingy their estimates of 500mi range and essentially bring supercharger capable will be legit

tdager

Reaction score
I was seriously considering signing up but while I love my 2019 I think I'll wait a model year or two into the REV especially considering FCA has very little experience in EVs so far. But definitely the best looking of the EV trucks and housingy their estimates of 500mi range and essentially bring supercharger capable will be legit
Same. I LOVE the idea of the REV, and the looks are stunning. However I bought a 2019, and while it has been basically flawless, things like the center stack being "old" by the 2020 model left a bad taste in my mouth.

So, I will probably look at the REV around 2027.

Users who are viewing this thread