5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Close to to first month with the truck!

ddang66224

Reaction score
Starting with the good.

So coming up to the first month with the truck. It's been great so far. Ride is awesome. Quiet and comfortable for the whole family.
  • Broke in with 500 miles
  • Got the front windows tinted
  • Took it on a 700 mile trip towing our TT
    • Separate thread started on this
  • Just put some Goodyear Duratracs 275/60/20s on yesterday
    • Love the look
    • Noise isn't too bad on highway (1 short drive so far)
Then the bad:
  • Passive Entry quit working on driver side door after 2 days
    • Was going to wait to my first oil change as I am not driving much due to virtual work these days
    • Got AlfaOBD trial version and it indicated that there was no voltage to door handle.
      • Rolled down glass and peeped in between the seals and sure enough the connection was not even plugged in
      • Took apart the door and plugged in myself, (don't really like dealers anyways) even though my dad was a mechanic for GM for years
      • Any other areas with known potential problems for connectors? Seems like the fuse box is an issue based on reading
  • Uconnect refused to recognize phones through bluetooth or wired connection
    • A few trips later it decided to work and has been great ever since
    • Looks like Uconnect 12" is hit or miss, but it seems like reading threads that the latest round of updates smoothed things out quite a bit
  • Driver side seat ventilation gets loud occasionally
    • ALmost sounds like a fan might be going bad, bit then it slows down.
      • Does anyone else see variable speeds on vented seats even though the setting is set on low, medium, or high

TBD: Not sure if I want to do move forward with any of these purchases or changes
  • Tonneau cover or just a waterproof bag in the back
    • Missing the convenience of runs for large items at Costco and not having to worry about rain, theft etc. Love the convenience of loading and throwing things in the bed, but weather and security is a concern with fall and winter around the corner
    • Any pointers from the community that live in the midwest?
  • Airplay wireless adapter? Having to plug is seems like a waste with wireless charging. But
  • Never been a fan of chrome, but it is starting to grow on me. Was thinking about wrapping chrome bumpers in vinyl and color matching mirrors and chrome grill
    • Anyone vinyl wrap bumpers? I have heard of body, but quick search shows it is hit or miss. ANyone on here try it with the trucks? I am concerned about all the sensors and the way the fog lamps sit in the front bumper.

Great forum here. Glad I found it.

Users who are viewing this thread