5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clock SYNC

Gregory.wall

Reaction score
Hey there everyone. Got a little “time” issue. I recently moved out from the east coast to Hawaii and every time I get in the truck my clock is displaying east coast time. I have tried going into settings and selecting the SYNC with GPS option and setting it manually. It’ll display correctly when I do that but once I turn the truck off and get back in it shifts back over to east coast time.

Any idea of how to fix this permanently so it’s displaying the correct timezone or is it something that needs to get done at a dealership???

Any insight would be awesome.

Jaf1224

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue. Got my truck a week ago and the time continues to reset an hour ahead, whether I manually set it or use the GPS sync. Just noticed it happening today though so haven't done much research on it.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey there everyone. Got a little “time” issue. I recently moved out from the east coast to Hawaii and every time I get in the truck my clock is displaying east coast time. I have tried going into settings and selecting the SYNC with GPS option and setting it manually. It’ll display correctly when I do that but once I turn the truck off and get back in it shifts back over to east coast time.

Any idea of how to fix this permanently so it’s displaying the correct timezone or is it something that needs to get done at a dealership???

Just a thought, but maybe disconnecting the battery for say 30 minutes might cause whatever is “remembering “ your east coast time to reset to factory default. Then upon reconnecting the system will have to search for your current gps position.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I'm having a similar issue. Got my truck a week ago and the time continues to reset an hour ahead, whether I manually set it or use the GPS sync. Just noticed it happening today though so haven't done much research on it.

Hi Gregory.wall & Jaf1224,

Sorry to hear that you both are experiencing this! If you're not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you end up addressing this with your dealers, please know that our team is just a PM away and more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Mark
RamCares

TWRam

Reaction score
I have the same issue with mine. I have also noticed that GPS navigation on my iphone, when plugged into the truck, shows me as being somewhere far, far away, in a different time zone. There is a TSB that supposedly fixes all of this. I'm holding off until the truck needs to go in for something more significant. Attached is the TSB for non-navigation 8.4 units.

Attachments

• radio and backup 9-19.pdf
    200.7 KB · Views: 12

Jaf1224

Reaction score
I ended up doing the disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for 30 minutes idea and that seemed to clear it up. It's been 2 days since I did it and all is well, when before it would reset almost immediately and the GPS sync was automatically a hour ahead.

TWRam

Reaction score
I ended up doing the disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for 30 minutes idea and that seemed to clear it up. It's been 2 days since I did it and all is well, when before it would reset almost immediately and the GPS sync was automatically a hour ahead.
I tried that yesterday. It did not work for me. It did reset the clock as it was showing 12:02 when I got in the truck at 5PM. After backing out of the garage, it quickly went back to 1 hour ahead of my current time. Dang.....

Users who are viewing this thread