5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clink sound when hitting gas while rolling

doublea89

Reaction score
I have a 2019 RAM 1500 I bought new. When you are in a roll and hit the gas again there is a sound like something hitting the inside of a toolbox. Always makes this clinking sound. Anyone else experienced this with the new RAM?

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Felt something similar, ha be no clue what it is. Seems to me like it’s engaging a gear then going idk if that’s correct tho

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would give all the Universals a close look. That sounds a lot
like one is about to come apart.

Malodave

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2019 RAM 1500 I bought new. When you are in a roll and hit the gas again there is a sound like something hitting the inside of a toolbox. Always makes this clinking sound. Anyone else experienced this with the new RAM?
Felt something similar, ha be no clue what it is. Seems to me like it’s engaging a gear then going idk if that’s correct tho
Hi @doublea89 & @Thekidcasual,
We'd suggest visiting your local dealer to address your concerns. You can locate your nearest dealer here: https://www.ramtrucks.com/find-dealer.html If you need any additional assistance alongside them, feel free to send us a PM.

Sarah
Ram Cares

doublea89

Reaction score
Hi @doublea89 & @Thekidcasual,
We'd suggest visiting your local dealer to address your concerns. You can locate your nearest dealer here: https://www.ramtrucks.com/find-dealer.html If you need any additional assistance alongside them, feel free to send us a PM.

Sarah
Ram Cares
Dealership is aware of these issues. When I mentioned it while getting an oil change the guy at the counter said the service manager spent an hour riding around with a guy who'd just bought a new 2021 and ut's doing the same thing. Apparently it's a design flaw.

Redneck T-Rex

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2020 4x4 off-road Hemi and as soon as I start the truck before I put it in gear there’s a repetitive “clink-click” sound. Sometimes it does it while low speed cruising. It seems to mainly happen when cold. I believe it’s a solenoid in the braking or 4x4 system. It’s not affecting driveability but I should probably get it checked out.

Users who are viewing this thread