5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clicking sound coming from the brake pedal when braking?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi Mark,

Yes I am in need of assistance still. The clicking problem was fixed/resolved. They replaced the brake booster and brake assembly again and all has been great with that problem. But the other problem has not gone away and hase gotten even worse. I had the truck in October to have jolt/nudge/ bump feeling looked at again. They could not figure out what was wrong, the dealer contacted STAR/CHRYSLER to find out next steps. STAR/Chrysler suggested replacing the pressure module in the transmission and see what happens from there. Part had to be ordered, so I had to wait until November to have it done, then I had surgery . So when I got to drive the truck again it was December and the problem was still there. I contacted the dealer again about the problem and was told to bring it in and they would call Chrysler again. Took the truck in in December just to get told they cant figure it out and thats a normal operation but Chrysler has been made aware. IN FEBRUARY it started getting worse really bad even backing up. I took truck to different dealer and went over everything, they pulled all the service records and said they would look into it. Got a call the next day and said they feel it, but not sure what to do and that they have had complaints for other dodge pickups doing it also, and that Chrysler is aware but no fix available.... I tool the truck back in in June trying to have addressed again in hopes of some updates, And all I got was the same response its normal, Chrysler is aware. I bought this truck brand new and had no problem until 3800 miles, then driveshaft was replaced, then the problem stopped for about 1000 miles and then came back and has been getting worse since. Driveshaft replaced, computer recalibrated several times, pressure module replaced in tranny and the problem is still there. This is considered a lemon. If this is normal as the dealer claimed, then they never would have done relpairs, or replaced a defective driveshaft or anything else per CHRYSLER. These needs to be fixed or something ASAP. There are many people here with the same problems and they were not there when test driving, or driving few hundred miles.... FIX IT. CHRYSLER!!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this honest follow up. If you would be willing to send over your VIN via private message, I would be more than willing to look into your situation further at this point to determine how to best assist.

Mark
RamCares

RamT18

Reaction score
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this honest follow up. If you would be willing to send over your VIN via private message, I would be more than willing to look into your situation further at this point to determine how to best assist.

Mark
RamCares

Just wanted to post a update: Finally have a Chrysler case manget involved and truck had been at the dealership since last Thursday 8/20/20. I recieved a phone call today from the case manger, who by the say so far SUPER AWESOME AND DOES WHAT SHE SAYS SHE WILL DO.... Anyway, was informed that I am in need of another "Drive Shaft""... Unbelievable considering I had already had this done last year. Drive shaft is on back order, so far truck stays at dealer while I drive a loaner. Once repair is done I will monitor and report back with results, if it goes away and comes back/ continues there will only be one last solution. LEMON LAW...

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just wanted to post a update: Finally have a Chrysler case manget involved and truck had been at the dealership since last Thursday 8/20/20. I recieved a phone call today from the case manger, who by the say so far SUPER AWESOME AND DOES WHAT SHE SAYS SHE WILL DO.... Anyway, was informed that I am in need of another "Drive Shaft""... Unbelievable considering I had already had this done last year. Drive shaft is on back order, so far truck stays at dealer while I drive a loaner. Once repair is done I will monitor and report back with results, if it goes away and comes back/ continues there will only be one last solution. LEMON LAW...

Thank you for taking the time to keep us posted here, @RamT18. It is great to know that you are in good hands with your case manager, however, I can certainly understand your sentiments. I look forward to seeing your updates, please do not hesitate to send us a PM should you experience any communication trouble with your case manager moving forward as well.

Mark
RamCares

EjRam

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the two pieces I am referring to. If your problem is similar you can diagnose it by getting down there and barely pressing the brake with your hand or wiggling pedal. As you can see I added a felt tape to prevent these pieces from rubbing. It only happens when you first start to press the brake after your fully engaged the contact has been done already which means the noise stops until you repeat the process.
Here is a picture of the two pieces I am referring to. If your problem is similar you can diagnose it by getting down there and barely pressing the brake with your hand or wiggling pedal. As you can see I added a felt tape to prevent these pieces from rubbing. It only happens when you first start to press the brake after your fully engaged the contact has been done already which means the noise stops until you repeat the process.
Hey 2019Ram64- I’ve been searching and finally I found someone who had a similar problem I have. I have a clicking/slight clunking rub feel in the brake pedal only when it’s fully depressed and I step on it. I’ve been to the dealer and twice and had a terrible experience with Ram Customer Care, who did not want to assist in any way. I can fix the problem for a few minutes by doing what you did with the felt. However, I used cardboard because it was thicker. But it never lasts a full ride and always comes back. Did you ever fix it for good or have any experience with the dealer? It’s killing me that a 2020 with 22k miles has this issue and FCA will not replace the pedal assembly (btw this just started happening after 20k miles). Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread