5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clicking noise when press gas pedal

Alex2014

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a Ram 1500 2019 and when I press de gas pedal it does a click noise. Can anyone help me ? Thanks!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do you have the adjustable pedals? Also, can you hear the click when the truck is not running?

Alex2014

Reaction score
Do you have the adjustable pedals? Also, can you hear the click when the truck is not running?
Yes my ram have adjustable pedals. Never press the gas pedal when my truck is not running. Do you have the same problem? Do you feel the click pressing the gas pedal when the truck is not running?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes my ram have adjustable pedals. Never press the gas pedal when my truck is not running. Do you have the same problem? Do you feel the click pressing the gas pedal when the truck is not running?
No I don’t have this issue. I was thinking that if your pedal adjuster is loose it may make a noise under pressure. Also, if you press it with the engine off and hear the noise, it will be easier to find it. Maybe adjust the pedals a little bit either way to see if anything changes.
He’s reporting the gas pedal, not the brake pedal.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No I don’t have this issue. I was thinking that if your pedal adjuster is loose it may make a noise under pressure. Also, if you press it with the engine off and hear the noise, it will be easier to find it. Maybe adjust the pedals a little bit either way to see if anything changes.

He’s reporting the gas pedal, not the brake pedal.
Ahhh....attention to detail 😝. First I've heard of a clicking go pedal.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Being that they are drive by wire, it doesn't have any mechanical connections. Return spring in the module worn or hitting another part in the module? Probably have to replace the part to solve. Depends how much it bothers you, whether it's worth the cost to fix.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Being that they are drive by wire, it doesn't have any mechanical connections. Return spring in the module worn or hitting another part in the module? Probably have to replace the part to solve. Depends how much it bothers you, whether it's worth the cost to fix.

I was thinking the same thing. it should be reproducible with the engine off.

Alex2014

Reaction score
Ahhh....attention to detail 😝. First I've heard of a clicking go pedal.

Go to the menu in this page. Select resource and Scroll down until you see recall list and them select February 2019 adjustable brake pedal enter and select page 5 and read letter number 7 that’s the situation there was a bad installation. Today fixed! 👍

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Go to the menu in this page. Select resource and Scroll down until you see recall list and them select February 2019 adjustable brake pedal enter and select page 5 and read letter number 7 that’s the situation there was a bad installation. Today fixed! 👍
Awesome. Good to hear

John Galt

Reaction score
Had this in another vehicle. Turned out my floor mat was interfering with the gas pedal and sometimes the bottom of the pedal would catch the lip of the floor mat and make a click.

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Reaction score
interestingly, I hear the clicking/creaking noise on my gas petal also, especially if I'm applying slight sideways pressure as you would if your foot is bent and you're applying force from the corner of the pedal. I'm going to see if I can reproduce when the vehicle is off, but I assume so.

When I noticed it a few weeks ago, I adjusted the pedal up and down several times trying to find a place where it didn't happen, and couldn't find one.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We're glad to see you resolved this concern! If you need assistance in the future, please feel free to reach out! We're available via direct messaging.

Callie
Ram Cares

Alex2014

Reaction score
interestingly, I hear the clicking/creaking noise on my gas petal also, especially if I'm applying slight sideways pressure as you would if your foot is bent and you're applying force from the corner of the pedal. I'm going to see if I can reproduce when the vehicle is off, but I assume so.

When I noticed it a few weeks ago, I adjusted the pedal up and down several times trying to find a place where it didn't happen, and couldn't find on
Try to adjust all to the front. use that position. let me know if work. I use that method and work with no problem.
example: like I'm a short-legged person
: adjust all to the front

Alex2014

Reaction score

When I noticed it a few weeks ago, I adjusted the pedal up and down several times trying to find a place where it didn't happen, and couldn't find one.
Sorry for my bad English. example ; adjust all to you like I'm a short-legged person.

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Reaction score
I tried this morning. I can't drive like that fulltime as it's too close. Sadly, the noise was still there. I'll crawl under there sometime this weekend and see what's up. Doesn't really bother me. What does bother me, is the buttons on the floormats in my limited hum at certain rpm. now that drives me batsh!t

Users who are viewing this thread