5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clearly overloaded

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s another pic. Guy said it was 15000lbs including the trailer and Hensley hitch. The Suburban is a 1500 series. View attachment 7844
Woah.

I will say that I once came across a post in a GM forum where a guy used his 3/4-ton 5th wheel to move a low boy with a dozer about a mile (in the middle of nowhere, of course). He estimated it grossed 72,000 lb. I sure wouldn’t want to buy that truck used...

Yedi

Reaction score
Not mine, I know the tires might have been low, but it was a touch heavy I think also Screenshot_20181122-182419.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That was what I envisioned may have been going on when someone asked about using the bumper holes for a hitch.

It is really a serious issue with people getting a drop hitch putting a 2 5/16 ball on it, hooking up their camper and when you say hey that is only rated 5000 lbs they have no idea what you mean. But, they haul it every few weekends and nothing happened, yet.

A 1/2 ton pickup can haul the space shuttle...

Jordan2929

Reaction score
That was what I envisioned may have been going on when someone asked about using the bumper holes for a hitch.

It is really a serious issue with people getting a drop hitch putting a 2 5/16 ball on it, hooking up their camper and when you say hey that is only rated 5000 lbs they have no idea what you mean. But, they haul it every few weekends and nothing happened, yet.

A 1/2 ton pickup can haul the space shuttle...
The Toyota Tundra can... 193574.jpg
....I should've bought a tundra

runamuck

Reaction score
Not mine, I know the tires might have been low, but it was a touch heavy I think also View attachment 8686
when I am riding my motorcycle I often get stuck behind these kind of rigs. you dont know what's going to come flying at you from that trash bin or whether a cloud of tire chunks is going to take you out..

Users who are viewing this thread