5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clear bra and tailgate light

TLOC

Reaction score
So I researched the lights and bought the 60" Putco blade, install was a ***** because my Laramie has this plastic trim between tailgate and bumper. Fabricated (1) 3/8" and 2 1/8" spacers out of delrin the size of the supplied brackets. Height and thickness of light was critical because when tailgate is opened it could interfere with light. All is good and works and looks AWESOME! Used Curt adapter. Had a local guy that did my 13 GTI clear bra the front end with Suntek Ultimate film, expensive but love it...no more caked bugs on the Black crystal paint...

GrayBeard

Reaction score
So I researched the lights and bought the 60" Putco blade, install was a ***** because my Laramie has this plastic trim between tailgate and bumper. Fabricated (1) 3/8" and 2 1/8" spacers out of delrin the size of the supplied brackets. Height and thickness of light was critical because when tailgate is opened it could interfere with light. All is good and works and looks AWESOME! Used Curt adapter. Had a local guy that did my 13 GTI clear bra the front end with Suntek Ultimate film, expensive but love it...no more caked bugs on the Black crystal paint...
How did you attach the spacers to the truck? The light comes with 4 brackets...did you only use three? Was the 3/8” spacer in the middle and the 1/8” ones on the left and right sides?
I’m trying to figure out how to mount the Putco 60” to my 2020 Limited.

TLOC

Reaction score
I knew I should have documented the install cause it turned out better than expected, yes, the (1) 3/8" spacer is in the middle off-set to the right to clear the rear camera cable/ mount bracket, the (2) 1/8" spacers are on each side right before the trim starts to angel out wards toward the rear of the truck, if that makes sense. The spacers and brackets are attached with SS flat head bolts with nylon locking nuts on the backside. (6mm or 1/4-20) Mount the light just so close to clear the bumper height...

Users who are viewing this thread