5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning vented seats

mffdvr

Reaction score
Driving in downtown Portland, OR two weeks back...sunroof open, dropping the family off at a restaurant (before I begin my search for safe parking)...low and behold I hear what sounds like someone dropped a key FOB on the passenger seat, only to find someone/something had indeed dropped something. A bird...poop! Would have been right on my wife's head had she been sitting there :30 seconds prior. 😏 Nonetheless...immediately cleaned most of it up with a couple of new face masks and water, 'cept for the wet & white sludge that managed to sink into a few vented seat holes. Toothpick, you say????? :oops:

jkm312

Reaction score
Driving in downtown Portland, OR two weeks back...sunroof open, dropping the family off at a restaurant (before I begin my search for safe parking)...low and behold I hear what sounds like someone dropped a key FOB on the passenger seat, only to find someone/something had indeed dropped something. A bird...poop! Would have been right on my wife's head had she been sitting there :30 seconds prior. 😏 Nonetheless...immediately cleaned most of it up with a couple of new face masks and water, 'cept for the wet & white sludge that managed to sink into a few vented seat holes. Toothpick, you say????? :oops:
How about using a very small twist drill that will fit the holes in the seat. Twist it with your fingers. That way the flutes in the drill bit may be able to pull the gunk up out of the hole. A tooth pick may may just drive it deeper in the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread