5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Classic RAM commercial

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I remember that cowboy guy sitting on the porch! Narrator has one great mullet! Interesting to see a time when a regular cab truck as the flagship model!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I remember the first time I saw the new Dodge Ram introduced to the public in 1993, a red 1500 in most of the promotional materials. It started a new era of personal truck ownership, made normal people lust for them like never before.

Had people who would never consider a pick-up actually buying one. I saw one at the Del Mar Fair a few months later, we parked next to it and I remember just falling in love with the design.

After many years of owning other makes of trucks, I would finally own an all-new red 1500 myself. My 18 year old self would be so happy!

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I came here expecting the Hemi commercials!
I had always wanted something with a V8, and I always admired the hemi engines.
Now, I have one!

A 400hp Hemi, a truck engine that was the go-to engine for the Heavyduty trucks Ram made for a long time, mated to the ZF transmission. The combo brought me to the Ram brand, along with the Rebel package.

Rexx

Reaction score
Really enjoyed that video. I was a little too young to appreciate it when it would’ve first came out.

I wasn’t even aware there used to be a V10 engine option.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Really enjoyed that video. I was a little too young to appreciate it when it would’ve first came out.

I wasn’t even aware there used to be a V10 engine option.
I own one 20151002_130215~2.jpg 2018-04-22 15.56.44.jpg 2018-03-02 09.59.11.jpg
488 Cubic inches. The 8.0l V10 Magnum. With a 5 speed manual and 3 pedals.

I came here expecting the Hemi commercials!
I had always wanted something with a V8, and I always admired the hemi engines.
Now, I have one!

A 400hp Hemi, a truck engine that was the go-to engine for the Heavyduty trucks Ram made for a long time, mated to the ZF transmission. The combo brought me to the Ram brand, along with the Rebel package.
Have one of those too

2018-02-13 11.22.44.jpg

Dodge has came a long way from the First RAM truck index.jpeg 0428001234.jpg
Wish I would not have sold these two.

And do not forget the unstoppable Red RAM in the movie Twister.
That is the one that sent me in search of my first 2nd Gen.

Users who are viewing this thread